Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Watching Hal Rubenstein?

I watched him once or twice and was impressed that he did not think a garment makes you look taller and thinner. I remember him saying you should wear clothes that suit your body type.

Honored Contributor

I like Hal too, He is one classy looking man.  His pieces are very classy too.

Honored Contributor

I really liked the shell with the removable chain detail. Good price too!

Hal Rubenstein The Golden Shell

Honored Contributor

Lynn looked fabulous in that striped dress.  Colleen Lopez did a dress similar in her line and I have a dress similar from a few years back that I bought at Chicos.  At first I thought all that striping would be a nightmare but it's really very slimming.

I have a few things from him and they have been winners.  I have seen some excellant clearance prices on his items as well.  

Esteemed Contributor

Love watching Hal R.,  he is a class act.  I own quite a few of his jackets.  Quality.

Esteemed Contributor

@baker wrote:

I watched him once or twice and was impressed that he did not think a garment makes you look taller and thinner. I remember him saying you should wear clothes that suit your body type.

Woman Happy Baker,  I totally agree with your opinion of Hal Rubenstein.  I enjoy watching him very much.  He doesn't spew the usual sales pitch nonsense which is a frequent reason I click away from shopping channel fashion programs.  It's so refreshing to hear him describe his items as clothes ... and not inflict this magical innuendo that they are some kind of fantasy hocus pocus.