Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone Remember When The Q Had Fancy Evening Clothing?

@lulu2. Your photo shows the white Mandarin and the white jeans jacket I loved so much!  I also had the jeans jacket in black.  Maybe I'll take a photo of the red wrap with kimono sleeves because I know you'll remember it. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Trix  I owned the VCosta embroidered piqued jacket in black....loved it.  It unfortunately went through the washer and dryer and shrunk.  I sadly ended up donating.  I love heavy embroidery and that jacket would still be entirely appropriate today, could even wear with jeans.  

Frequent Contributor

I remember all the Adolfo sequined tops. Probably late 80's or early 90's.

Simon LeBon. Beautiful sequin dresses,two piece outfits and jackets. Early 90's

Respected Contributor

I did have some of the sequined dresses and tops. I remember wearing them and they were very heavy. It was before the advent of plastic sequins.

I still have a some of DVFand  Bob Mackie silk items. I wore the Mackie green silk shirt with cats to dinner with velvet leggings recently. I also have some of the Q brand silk items. They feel wonderful to wear.

I have kept a few Koos pieces. 

I am not one to go out in jogging clothing and sweats.

And I dont wear them to bed either.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember a Mary McFadden sequin jacket that I took on my very first cruise ... it was/still is gorgeous.   People actually dressed for dinner each evening ... that jacket and some black pallazo pants were a big hit.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

I used to love some of Victor Costa's clothes!  I still own a few of his jackets that I did not donate.

They were lovely!

@winamac1...

Wish I had kept some of my VC items, but I think I donated the last one (unworn) a year or so ago ... a black denim jacket with red embroidery.