Esteemed Contributor

Anyone Remember When The Q Had Fancy Evening Clothing?

Years ago, Kathy Levine used to have Saturday night shows that featured really nice evening wear.  I still have a Victor Costa sheath that is beautiful, gave awaty a sequined dress (wish I had it back since I could now wear it), and other apparel that was dressy.  I think that it would especially be nice around the holidays to have some fancier outfits.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Remember When The Q Had Fancy Evening Clothing?

[ Edited ]

FB_IMG_1485338358392.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I definitely remember when QVC sold beautiful evening wear. I bought a jacket or two years ago. I distinctly remember a gorgeous sequined jacket that I loved but never bought because there was no occasion where I could wear it. It really was lovely. Our lifestyles are just not conducive to that kind of clothing. Almost everything is casual these days. I do miss getting dressed for dinner at a special restaurant. I do dress nicely on those occasions but a sequined jacket would look ridiculous. I'd feel like someone out of Dynasty.

Honored Contributor

Victor Costa "Occasion" ... he had some really nice things.  I gave away so many of the VC items I had.

I miss some of the more "artsy" clothing that QVC used to carry ... Sandy Starkman, Mary McFadden, Indigo Moon, Look East, Koos ...

I'm still wearing those that I bought year ago!

Honored Contributor

I used to love some of Victor Costa's clothes!  I still own a few of his jackets that I did not donate.

They were lovely!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Lives are so much more casual these days.  Not sure how much of a market there would be today for evening clothing.

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA, I still have Mary McFadden beautiful cuffs and still wear a Koos jacket.  i do not  often have an opportunity to dress up except for a few holiday events and a dinner or two when we cruise.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I have been watching the Q for over 20 years but I do not remember evening clothes. I'll have to think about it.

Respected Contributor

Kind of O/T but... I was searching for something here, don't even remember what, and as soon as I typed in "mo" it auto filled with Mother of the Bride Dresses!  Out of curiosity I clicked on it and it said over 1,000 matches lol  From what I saw there were none actually - it was mother of pearl jewelry.

Honored Contributor

Vaguely but that was a very, very long time ago.   Obviously, those things didn't sell well because if they did....Qvc would still sell fancy schamcy dress up clothes.