Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Purchasing Mizrahi TSV Pants? So Cute!!!

@Skididdywrote:

They are cute, but I am no longer ordering pants from QVC.  I am an apple shape unfortunately, and nothing ever ever ever fits properly.  So frustrating.  I would kill to have a pear shape. 

@Skididdy, no you would't.  LOL  I have a pear shape and it's a pain.  So many of my pants have to be altered in the waist because by the time I get them to fit my butt, hips and thighs, the waist is way too big.

I have the same issue with pencil skirts and any dress that isn't flowy or an a-line is a problem.  The top portion always needs to be altered because it falls off my shoulders and is too big through my chest.  Tunic tops are also a problem because if they fit in the shoulders, etc., many times they are tight across my hips.    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

SERIOUSLY??? ( as Isaac Mizrahi says  every other word.....)

No!  They are just stretch pull on pants... what is special about them? Nothing I see.  In fact in the hot summer this material is not good for 90 degree hot days...  too heavy.

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva... I understand, but for me at least you beauties with the pear shape actually HAVE a shape... a just feeel like a round blob. 

Honored Contributor

I like ankle pants but the fabric concerns me.  I've never bought pants from Isaac's line.  The fabric just seems too "stretchy stretchy" to me.  I like the style, they aren't a skinny pant or a legging so the style would work.  I just don't know about the fabric.  I hate returning items but in this case, I might buy a pair in the navy dot pattern and return them if I don't like the feel.

Super Contributor

Super cute, but I guess I'll pass.  They seem a bit pricey.

Honored Contributor

not as high as Graver's or Gravel's LOL  We're talking 50-60 there

Free shp, too

Honored Contributor

@HeiressIn-FL Well, thanks for the compliments!  However, (here it comes), well, this was back in the mid 60's and early 70's.  

It was a time when Jackie Kennedy's style was popular so the clothes were simplistic.  They were sheath dresses (i.e. straight kinda A-line).

Some had a yolk one color or design and the bottom part would be the opposite.  They were plain and colorful.  It was a wonderful time to be young.  I was married at barely 19 (married for 38 years when he died) and we only knew each other 3 months.  We'd have married sooner but couldn't get the church at Ft Myer Arlington (on base) because they were burying so many Vietnam soldiers from there.  My late husband was in the Honor Guard (they march and guard the Unknown Soldier, etc).  That's where he is buried (on base) and it was a wonderful ceremony.  I mention it because it was like it all came full circle (married started life together and ended this life together there).

I'm so sorry, I always get totally off subject.  I think I'm just getting old...Ha!  Now where are my go-go boots and bring up that cage for me to dance (remember "Sock It To Me" with Goldie Hawn on TV?  Ha!  I made different sleeves (i.e. capped, long, sleeveless, etc).  I made some with Peter Pan collars, etc.  It was easy.  Like putting together a puzzle.

Kate Spade New York - Scallop Sleeveless Dress

Super Contributor

@house_catwrote:

@HeiressIn-FL

Thank you for pointing out the TSV.  I bought 5 pairs of these pants early last summer and have worn and washed them countless times.  In this climate, I wear them all year long, but I especially love them in the summer, as I no longer wear shorts.  I've lost two sizes since purchasing them, but I still wear them casually - somehow they just keep fitting.  They are beautifully made and hold up in the washer and dryer.

I just ordered them in white, black and gingham in my new size, because I know if I don't, I'll regret it later on.

Oh my, that is wonderful!!! And congratulations on your weight loss!! It's great to know that the fabric is still great after many washings! Do you place yours in the dryer, or dry them flat? I'm admittedly, a dryer person but I understand the pants may shrink. I am so excited to receive mine! I sure hope I will love them as much as you do! Thank you for sharing your experience. You have been so helpful!
Education | Sorority Alumna | PGA Foundation | Coffee and Brunch are my thing.
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, you share wonderful stories so don't apologize for that. As for the TSV, I like the fabric but don't care for ankle pants.

Honored Contributor

I am not an ankle pants person so I am passing.