Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Have High Waisted Jeans That They Love?

@I am still oxox wrote:

Are high waisted jeans what some call Mom jeans

They might be called that, but they are very different from old style mom jeans.  They are higher and the waist line is contoured instead of straight.  Those with small waists can wear it.  It shows it off.   Some are quite sexy.  New from Frame:

Retro V Yoke Straight -- Maya River

Honored Contributor

IceGoddess:

Yes,  a couple of weeks ago, I noticed on HSN a small box on the TV screen which said what you said.

Re: bending to the side and that crease is our natural waist.

My natural waist (narrow-ist area) is higher than the belly button.  Maybe 1 and 1/2 to two inches higher.

That's where I like waist bands to sit.  For my particular comfort. 

(We are all different, more or less, body structure wise.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

Aroc! I totally agree with your style; it's mine too. Casual and ELEGANT. The white shirt, the blazer.....I used to buy JonesNewYork and loved their quality; too bad they are gone. Now, I am a Louis Dell'Olio woman. And fortunately, all my beautiful Jones NewYork clothes still look perfect and brand new! Years later, they have not gone out of style (at least, not my style!) 

Classic trousers, beautifully cut jackets, silk blouses, white shirts, longer skirts with boots. 

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Are high waisted jeans what some call Mom jeans

They might be called that, but they are very different from old style mom jeans.  They are higher and the waist line is contoured instead of straight.  Those with small waists can wear it.  It shows it off.   Some are quite sexy.  New from Frame:

Love these jeans!! Thanks for posting!!

Super Contributor

It’s a perfect fit. Everyone should have at least one high waist jeans with perfect fitting.

Respected Contributor

@65and fabulous   Of course, I just wear what gives me confidence.  Each of us is different and has different priorities in budget and how we dress.  We are all fortunate that we have such freedom to dress as we are so inclined.  

Over the course of time I just came to this kind of dressing, for many reasons.  Part of it was my body type, part was budget, and part of it was because I always had to wear a uniform for school, except for two years in 7th and 8th grade when I was in public school.  And wearing these kinds of outfits functioned well in the office settingsin which I always worked. 

I didn't even own a pair of jeans (wasn't allowed to) until I started college in '71.

I thought Jones New York was still around and that Macy's still carried their line.  Next time I go there I'll have to check.  Their sizing and Macy's Charter Club usually work well for me.  I still have some of their pieces in my wardrobe rotation.

I have things from consignment and thrift stores, too.  Always enjoy the hunt for gently used clothing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Check out A 309692

Martha Stewart Knit Denim Capri Jeans.

High waist  (it seems to me), with functional draw string.

One day only.  No re-orders.

$33.56   One day only.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

'Don't get me started'............

(Love them.)

Just yesterday, on the Rachel Ray Show, Gretta Monahan featured high-waisted 'Mom Jeans' which were Levis, I'm fairly sure because of the leather logo and the red side 'Levi' tab on or near the back pocket.

'Anyway', I've always preferred higher waisted jeans.  And now, at this age, for whatever reason, lower waisted jeans irritate my tummy area.

I used to size up on my high-waist jeans years and years ago (because of shrinkage), so I still wear two of them.

Now a days, because of the stretch fabrics, I'm guessing that the waist band doesn't have to be exactly perfect.  Easier to wear, compared with years ago.

'Anyway', check out Levis.  Nice suggestions here, too.

It's great that we can search online 'High waist jeans', and probably find quite a few out there. 

I do believe they were Levis also. I am going to check them out a and I thought the idea with the button front was interesting. Thanks for mentioning the RR show I did enjoy all of what was discussed on that segment. Thanks!!