Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone Else tired of all the animal print this season?

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

I never like looking like everyone else.  You will not see me in leopard tops, pants, shoes, purses, nothing!  I would hate to turn the corner and see a bunch of women coming toward me in leopard I think the fashion industry has gone too far with this animal craze.

@Katcat1, that does sound nightmarish, but I truly don't think it would ever happen unless maybe there were a leopard parade.

Blame the consumers, not the fashion industry. Apparently, we the buyers do like a touch of animal print here and there.

giphy (4).gif

Oddly obscene, @ILTH :-)

@suzyQ3 

I know, right? The tip of the tail? 😉

Honored Contributor

I'm planning a jungle-look outfit.  In black and white:   Smiley Wink Smiley Happy  Smiley Wink Smiley Happy Smiley Wink Smiley Happy Smiley Wink Smiley Happy 

• Black pants  (or Bob Mackie b/w stripe pants)
  • SG zebra print shirt 
  • Snake skin booties
  • QF jacket black panther spots on shiny white background
  • Gray snake print fabric tote from Chico's

I have a black ruana (worsted black menswear weight fabric) in case it gets chilly.

Esteemed Contributor

No, I love animal prints but I wouldn't wear it head to toe!

Esteemed Contributor

On sale, ladies ... extra 50% off today ... Woman Wink

j.crew: tippi sweater in leopard, right side, view zoomed

j.crew: tippi sweater in leopard, right side, view zoomed

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I don't like animal print anything. Ever. Never have. 

I don't think it is fun, I don't think it is trendy, I don't think it is high end or sophisticated. I honestly think it is tacky. 

And it never seems to go away. It's seems it is always 'hot' and being shown in fashion and home decor. 

Just not my thing. 

So, yes, I'm tired of it. But not just this season.

If something never goes away, it usually means it's a classic.

And, no, I'm not sick of animal prints because there are plenty of non-animal prints out there. While I tend to dress in solids, I think animal prints are really nice if done right. I have seen many cute animal print items and have been on the hunt (pun intended) for more!

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

Animal prints are a classic. We just never really saw it used so much like this year. I really just prefer neutral leopard prints, snake and others not so much. I bought a top in black and white leopard print and a scarf in the brown and black leopard print. I won't do animal print bottoms though, they're not flattering on me.
Respected Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:
Animal prints are a classic. We just never really saw it used so much like this year. I really just prefer neutral leopard prints, snake and others not so much. I bought a top in black and white leopard print and a scarf in the brown and black leopard print. I won't do animal print bottoms though, they're not flattering on me

Your approach to this print is similar to mine. I just want touches of it, not head to toe or more than one piece at a time. I did take a chance on the TSV beach pants and then never wore them. I'll save them for next spring. But I don't want a legging or slim pants in an animal print. I remember a Carol Burnett skit years ago when she dressed in skin tight ankle pants with leopard print and hung out at a laundry mat acting like a ditz. I can't get that image out of my head. Lol

Trusted Contributor

@SoX : Where? I bought similar at Jill but if this is less...

Trusted Contributor

@Still Stylish Lady : Nothing tacky about you. You look lovely as usual

Respected Contributor

No. I don't own any to be tired of and I'm not really converned about what other people wear.