Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone Else Tired Of Skinny Jeans Or Leggings?

I love skinny jeans, leggings.  I will continue to wear them, in style or not.  They work for me, especially in winter.  I walk a lot and hate pants flapping around my ankle.

Have you tried Lee?  They make all sizes and shapes.  LM

Trusted Contributor

I love skinny jeans and not because I am skinny. I am short and I can't wear any type of heel anymore. Most B&M store jeans that I would try on are way too long. Now I found I can order a Diane Gilman 10 petite and they are perfect. Skinny jeans seem to be the only jeans that I feel good in. I wear a petite length and wear a bootie or in the summer an espadrille or tennis shoe. They just work for me. I loved boot cut back when I could get some height by wearing heels but can't anymore. I can I suppose but I choose comfort now. I don't do well with leggings. I feel like I look silly in them although I think they look cute on others. I only wear work out legging to the gym. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, because I don’t buy/wear them.  I only own one pair of jeans - NYDJ straight leg style from Chico’s.  Never a fan of leggings.

Most of my everyday pants are twill or denim D&Co “original waist” straight leg. I’ve never worn leggings.  

Others from Chico's or Coldwater Creek - both stores carry wide selection of leg style pants and jeans.

Esteemed Contributor

I got tired of the legging look after many years of teaching group exercise.  They were a uniform.  Plus, I do remember them from a few decades ago and I look like a freaking elf in them (long legs).

I do own some wide wale corduroy leggings from D&Co.  I like the texture and they are nice and long, which can be hard to find for me. They look more like pants though they are quite close to the body, except for from the bottom of the bottom to the back of the knee.  There, they don't cling.  I like that.  Just a little more depth and dimension.

I have given up blue jeans entirely.  Many years wearing them to an outdoor job.  I have no desire to wear them now.  Any style.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Watching is choice.  If you don't like something, if something doesn't interest you then you are free to change the channel.  So, to answer the question.  No, I'm not tired of those things because I don't watch the presentations since I'm not going to buy them.  Although, I did watch the TSV leggings at midnight but only because daughter # 1 wanted them in black and a dark brown and she was afraid they might sell out.  She knows I'm up late so she asked me to order them for her.  Otherwise, that's the type of thing I would not watch or think of watching all day today.  

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I can't wear leggings, jeggings or skinny jeans.  I just don't like the shape of my legs (I'm knock kneed) so I prefer they aren't outlined.  Even if I had great looking legs I don't like the feel of leggings.

I mostly wear straight or slim leg jeans.  The slim leg has just a bit more room and less cling than a skinny jean.

Me too.  Don't like skinnies,  don't have the legs for leggings but I can find slim straight jeans and slim knit pants absolutely everywhere, at all price points.  So, honestly I don't these posters are talking about.  Also I find that since shopping channels sell to mature women and women of all sizes and everything has tons of stretch, I can go up a size in their skinny jeans and they fit like a slim straight.  I have done  that with DG2 skinny jeans.

Respected Contributor

YES!

Honored Contributor

I don't wear skinny, leggings, or jeggings.  I'll wear anything else - straight, boot, flare, etc. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I seldom wear jeans anymore.  Pretty much always a legging.  Usually  go up a size so they fit more like a slim leg knit pant, rather then a really tight legging.

Wear really form fitting ones with long tops and when I go to the gym.

My legs still look nice....so I don't think I am grossing anyone out.

Since I'm retired, I am all about the comfort!

Edited to say....I do not like the HSN tsv at all.  They look rubbery and hot.  I also don't like odd finishes on clothes....I wonder about the chemicals involved, and don't want them against my skin.  Probably just a quirk of mine, but that's always in my mind!

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I got tired of the legging look after many years of teaching group exercise.  They were a uniform.  Plus, I do remember them from a few decades ago and I look like a freaking elf in them (long legs).

I do own some wide wale corduroy leggings from D&Co.  I like the texture and they are nice and long, which can be hard to find for me. They look more like pants though they are quite close to the body, except for from the bottom of the bottom to the back of the knee.  There, they don't cling.  I like that.  Just a little more depth and dimension.

I have given up blue jeans entirely.  Many years wearing them to an outdoor job.  I have no desire to wear them now.  Any style.

@Sweetbay magnolia  - I had to chuckle when I read your post about looking like a "freaking elf".   I don't wear them, but I'd probably look like an elf too since my legs are long.  Smiley Happy 

Also thought about Will Farrell in the movie Elf when reading your post.  lol.