Respected Contributor

Anyone Else Tired Of Skinny Jeans Or Leggings?

Diane Gilman has another TSV and although I do like her jeans, but I am getting so tired of leggings and skinny jeans. How about someone selling just plain old straight jeans and not flares either. These skinny jeans have been around for so long and they don't look good on everyone.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Else Tired Of Skinny Jeans Or Leggings?

I like them ,so my answer is no, but talbots have straight leg jeans

Honored Contributor

Contributor

I'm not tired of them but that does seem to be all that is shown these days.  I wanted a pair of straight leg jeans and just happened to see a pair of SG on the lunchtime specials.  Never ordered her items before but thought I would give them a try.  They have a cuff and sit higher on the waist which worked perfectly for me.  I have to say I was pleasantly surprised when they came.  Wore them the other day for the first time and loved them!

Honored Contributor

I was in Kohl's the other day and they do have a million pair of jeans -- well, not that many -- but a lot!  I was trying to find a basic pair --- not skinny, not bell, not boot -- just kind of straight.  I felt that the majority of them were skinny or jegging, but after awhile I just got overwhelmed and quit looking!  If I found a pair I thought I might like, they either didn't have my size or length or I didn't care for the shade.  Jeans -- that's a hard thing to find and it's about as difficult to get the appropriate one as a bathing suit.  Well --- equally frustrating I think!

As for skinny jeans -- I'm no longer crazy about them but a lot of people must be or they wouldn't be having so many of them for sale.  I still like leggings --- usually just black knit ones for winter, to wear with long sweaters and tunics. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I can't wear leggings, jeggings or skinny jeans.  I just don't like the shape of my legs (I'm knock kneed) so I prefer they aren't outlined.  Even if I had great looking legs I don't like the feel of leggings.

I mostly wear straight or slim leg jeans.  The slim leg has just a bit more room and less cling than a skinny jean.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Skinny usually comes back strongly in the winter with the boots, etc.  I prefer the cigarette to all the styles, with exception of boot cut. a style I never liked. But I love slouchy boyfriend jeans too.  But I wear just about all styles.  

Skinny is a unforgiving style.  I still maintain you have to have good legs to wear them well. Unfortunately just about all women wore them, when a lot of them shouln't have. 

I was never a legging fan, preferring them to jeggings. 

Honored Contributor

I do not own and would not wear "skinny" jeans or leggings.  I hate anything tight/form fitting and my pants must have pockets.  Easy pass for me.  Have enough pairs of pants to see me through this phase of fashion.

Esteemed Contributor

No, not tired of skinny jeans, but I don't wear leggings in public. I have some furry, stretch leggings I wear around the house in winter (they're warm!), but won't wear them out. Jeans come in all shapes and sizes and most stores carry all of them - everyone has a style that makes them look better or more attractive.  I also prefer a stovepipe or cigarette shape, but do like myself in skinnies and boots in winter.

(yes, I gotta have pockets!)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

YES. Soooooo tired of them. When the heck will this trend end??  Diane’s TSV are shiny, and unappealing. JMO.