Honored Contributor

@Foxxee 

Too bad COVID was allowed to get such a head start, back in 2020.

Managed better perhaps there would would have been less life and job loss.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Foxxee 

@Drythe  Do you think it would have been elimated then?

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Foxxee 

@Drythe  Do you think it would have been elimated then?

@proudlyfromNJ 

My chrystal ball is a bit cloudy, but I think we could surely be in very much better shape.  😕

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

What hasn't gone up in price? The two Anybody tops I have still look nice. They haven't faded through several washings and held their shape.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Everything has zoomed up in price everywhere.  First we had the pandemic; now we pay for the pandemic. 

@Kachina624   I was kinda worried about my property tax, since my house is now "worth" more than anyone in their right mind would pay for it.   Got my bill today, and the tax is the same as previous years.  Whew......   di

@Desertdi    I've had that though too as house prices have escalated so much and my tax did go up. 

@Kachina624 @Desertdi 

Some states (maybe all?) allow an owner to challenge a rise in value with regard to property taxes, especially if it may be more the land that's increased and there have been no home improvements. Depending on specific circumstances, of course.

i did this once years ago. I'm in California. I remember it had to be done before the payment due date. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Everything has zoomed up in price everywhere.  First we had the pandemic; now we pay for the pandemic. 

@Kachina624   I was kinda worried about my property tax, since my house is now "worth" more than anyone in their right mind would pay for it.   Got my bill today, and the tax is the same as previous years.  Whew......   di

@Desertdi    I've had that though too as house prices have escalated so much and my tax did go up. 

@Kachina624 @Desertdi 

Some states (maybe all?) allow an owner to challenge a rise in value with regard to property taxes, especially if it may be more the land that's increased and there have been no home improvements. Depending on specific circumstances, of course.

i did this once years ago. I'm in California. I remember it had to be done before the payment due date. 

@GingerPeach @Kachina624    It's a HUGE process to challenge real estate tax in Maricopa County, AZ.....and it would be in your best interest to hire a real estate lawyer.   I personally would think that's throwing good money after bad......   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 @Desertdi 

@GingerPeach @Kachina624    It's a HUGE process to challenge real estate tax in Maricopa County, AZ.....and it would be in your best interest to hire a real estate lawyer.   I personally would think that's throwing good money after bad......   di

@Desertdi That's too bad about Maricopa County. Mine was just filling out a simple form and getting it in on time. I just checked and it's pretty much the same still where I live.

Here's hoping your taxes won't  jump much more.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

During the pandemic, the school board decided they wanted a new playground for the kids, so they borrowed $5 million dollars, of course, behind taxpayers backs. 

So, yes my taxes were raised, too, to pay for it.  Residents are furious because of Covid job loss, the current playground is nice, and they had no say in the decision.  

@Foxxee 

I know it's infuriating but at least it's for a public school, correct?

Try this on for size: the good citizens of Miami-Dade County, Florida paid for a PRIVATELY owned stadium!!

One of our very wealthy citizens sued the county but he unfortunately lost Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 @Desertdi 

@GingerPeach 

My boss owns a lot of real estate so he regularly uses a company that that's all they do is get your taxes reevaluated. Their fee is a percentage of your savings.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I get my property tax in Oct. but, in Tx or my part of Tx they freeze your property tax when you turn 65. So , my younger neighbors who have less then me pay more then me. Little bit smaller house and only one acre.