Esteemed Contributor

Anybody wear pantyhose? What is your favorite brand/style? Need advice

I'm just now buying skirts again after losing weight. Other than black tights with black skirts, I'd like to wear other colors with pantyhose. I do not want to go bare legged. However uncool pantyhose are, I do want to wear them. What brands look the most natural and/or look best?
Super Contributor

Re: Anybody wear pantyhose? What is your favorite brand/style? Need advice

I wear only L'eggs Sheer Energy and only dark taupe, black or off black.

Looking natural isn't something I'm interested in. Those three shades work best with my wardrobe.

Honored Contributor

i like hanes smooth illusions, hanes silk reflections, and spanx (but only if i can find them on sale at nordstrom rack)......i buy black or barely there or sometimes a soft taupe color.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Hanes Silk Reflections Control Top Sandalfoot in several colors and use Natural, Barely Black and Barely There (they have 8 skin tones in this particular nylon). They have many other styles with/without toe, with/without control top, with/without panties, with lace, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

I mostly wear slacks, but if I do need to wear pantyhose, it's always Sheer Energy off black. I try to get regular panty, not control top, if I can. I hate control top. For me, they are constricting and create tummy rolls. I find the regular panty to be more flattering at the waist.

Valued Contributor

I like Hanes, Leggs, Penny's has some nice ones and I also wear toeless ones from Penny's with sandals and can't even tell because they are sheer but my legs look better. Toes are out and wiggling free but nice with polish. My daughter couldn't tell but she said wow mom your legs sure look nice and tan too. I said nylons and she said I looked at your feet but couldn't tell.

Have you ever tried thigh highs? I thought they would fall down but they don't and I love those.

Lots of ladies go without but not me. I have skinny, white and 58 year old legs and I wouldn't do that to anybody. I feel polished and dressed and don't wear a lot of dresses but when I do I choose something on my legs. It might be old school to some but for me it is about what I am confident in and that is one of them.

I might add I work out and take care of myself but age is winning and I am no fool when it comes to me. I am fighting back but when I look at my legs I see my moms legs. Good Grief.

Honored Contributor

I also like the Sheer Energy the best. I like thigh highs to and have worn toeless ones from Pennys also.

Honored Contributor

I wear L'eggs Sheer Energy. I have in the summer time also worn the Penney's toeless ones with sandals. I am old school, too. I don't wear a lot of skirts or dresses, but when I do, I like my legs to look more polished. Unless in the summer when I wear a very, very long dress and just my ankles are peeking out, then I don't! This has been debated so much here but I still feel everyone should do what they feel comfortable with. If you have great legs, and you feel happy with exposing them, then that's fine. Even if you don't and feel comfortable with no hose, then fine. Everyone is different.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Hanes control top sandalfoot in quicksilver and taupe.

Occasional Contributor

fiore brand 40 den has a glossy look