Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody wear Birkenstocks?

Birks are a staple...

Honored Contributor

I counted them once and I thought it was around 90 or 100 pair I have.

I think it's probably more like 80 pair.  Most of them are sandals.  Maybe 20 or so are not sandals.

I wear them because they are the only shoes that work better with my bad, bad back.

I love Birkenstock shoes.  And you know what?  Almost all of them I bought from QVC when they used to sell them.

They are amazing!  So many beautiful colors and designs.  I even own maybe  2 or 3 pair that say QVC on them.  Yes, QVC made them or rather Birkenstock made them for QVC.  They have the lettering QVC and colors, etc of QVC.  They're really neat.

Can you tell I really love Birkenstock but not the boring colors that are plain, the real deal.

I wish I could figure out how to post pictures of them because you'd love them!  

Honored Contributor

I’ve worn Birkenstocks for years and I wear a pair for bedroom slippers. I have for years. 

But I really rediscovered my love for them this summer. I bought three pairs of the Arizona style (I’ve never worn Arizona’s before) in suede and I absolutely adore them. 

I’ve worn them, a new pair of the Florida style and a pair of three strap Mephistos all summer. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

I have several pair, I do wear them w casual outfits & as slippers .  I love them . I have back problems , I find these help. They do last forever. Never had luck w the clog style.

Honored Contributor

I use to have several pairs ,loved them but as i age they just are not what my feet need now, i kept only a few of the plastic ones ,the type you throw in the washer.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I used to.  My very first pair were the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever owned, and they went to the hospital with me for my first knee surgery.   I loved those shoes, but once my knee was corrected, it changed the way my foot set in the shoe and they were no longer comfortable to wear.   

That style was no longer being made, so I tried 2 other styles.   Neither one delivered the comfort factor as my first pair, so I stepped away from the brand.

Honored Contributor

Yeah! Can’t wait for the Fall/Winter to sport the socks!

C8DF9389-5617-41C7-8250-B662E1AA4A44.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, everyone! Great to hear that folks are still wearing them! I’m so grateful I remembered them. They are very comfortable for my hurt foot and toes.

@Annabellethecat66 That’s amazing! I actually didn’t know that QVC once sold them. I started buying from QVC, apparently, after they quit selling them. You inspire me! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Around 5 years ago, I bought 20 pairs of Birkenstocks/Birkies/Betula on 6PM dot com - I paid around $50 each --- regular price was from $70 to $130. I also had several pairs that I bought from the Q -- so I LOVE my Birkenstocks. I have every color and style --- clogs, sandals, leather, patent leather, suede, faux leather. I happen to think they're very attractive - and my feet are very happy. 

18 years ago, I purchased a navy pair of sandals at Costco -- and I'm still wearing them.

Trusted Contributor

@Goldengate8361

I have several pairs & bought 2 new pairs a few weeks ago. They are so comfortable & they last forever. Love them!