Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody wear Birkenstocks?

@lolakimono wrote:

@gidgetgh 

Ooh! Ruby slippers!HeartCat Very Happy

@lolakimono - that’s what I told my husband!  LOL.  I put them on and haven’t taken them off yet. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I've been wearing Birkenstock clogs and sandals since the late 70's and they never have gone out of style. I think people who are not happy with the fit in the Arizona style need to know that it's a unisex style and to order the narrow width if you are a woman who wears a med. width in a shoe. Now that I'm older I prefer the soft footbed, but other than that, I love my Birkenstocks. The ruby patent are real cute.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh 

There were two pairs in my size, but now there is only one. Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchased a clog of Birkenstock from the Q several years ago.  I ended up donating them because the hard footbed was uncomfortable for me.  I tend to like a hard/soft footbed or soft footbed.  I love my Alegria shoes.  They have the hard/soft footbed and you don't know you are wearing shoes.  Both pairs were half price on clearance from the Q and I receive many compliments.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@gidgetgh 

There were two pairs in my size, but now there is only one. Cat Wink

@lolakimono - you tracked them down and ordered them???

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh 

School color is red, and what girl could be without (comfort) ruby slippers?

Honored Contributor

My hubby has a knock off pair of the beach shoes that he we wears around the house and a real pair that he uses for the pool during the Summer

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

When the Q sold them I tried a pair but just couldn't find the right fit. Then I saw them at Famous Footwear and bought a pair. They were the cutest black patent sandal and I still have them. That was over 10 years ago. Just can't part with them. I see that ******'s now carries them too. Going to check them out to see what they have. They were very comfortable but gave me the support that I needed.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@gidgetgh 

School color is red, and what girl could be without (comfort) ruby slippers?

@lolakimono - I love it!!  I know you’re the master “tracker downer” of things but I would have been happy to point you in the right direction. They are really, very very pretty in person. And very comfortable.