Occasional Contributor

Re: Anybody wear Birkenstocks?

Yes, I have lots of pairs of Birkenstock shoes. Love them

Esteemed Contributor

If you love Birkenstocks you will love this article from The Cut about the history of the Birkenstock shoe:

https://www.thecut.com/2018/08/cathy-horyn-on-birkenstocks-unlikely-rise.html

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr

Thanks for the link to the story.  Very interesting..

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Contributor

Thank you BIrki lady, how kind of you to let me know about another Birkenstock place.  Love reading your posts.  Have a great weekend. 

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361  @lolakimono and others!  Did  you guys notice the shoes Antonella was wearing today?

Can I hear ya?  Come on ladies!  She looked to me like she was wearing....hold on...Birkenstocks!  Yea!

I wonder if that means they are going to start selling (finally) Birkenstocks?  They were the boring black one's you can get at the shoe store....but it's a start!

I just started wearing my beautiful Birkenstocks.  I got all of them from QVC.  One day I'll recount them.  I think I counted close to 90 some pair!  All from QVC way back!

They're amazing.  Beautiful colors, flowers, stripes, so many in every color of the rainbow.  Can y ou tell I'm excited!

Just wanted to bring this back up!  Fingers crossed!

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 

@Annabellethecat66 

@BirkiLady 

At Nordstrom, in spring colors-

Yao-

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono  That exact first shoe is one I don't have.  I have very, very similar one's though.

I wish I could figure out how to send pictures here.  I think if my house was burning down (which it almost has a few times (i.e. lightening), 4 to be exact, I'd try to run out with my Birkenstocks!  Ha!  I'd be throwing them out the window.  I really do love the sandals best.  THAT's what I have the most of.

Maybe because (for some unknown reason) my back doesn't hurt nearly as bad as when I wear them.  I have a lot of designs (I like the Mary Jane one's too but don't wear them as much as the clogs).  Don't know why, just slip into the clogs.

Well, I finally got my pedicure (with granddaughter) a few weeks ago (one or two lost count...old age).  So the other day I .....(let me relive this ....) slipped into my first sandals.... It was like....Ahhh!! There you are...again!  Ha!

I know, people think we are weird, but I've always loved shoes and the Birkenstock are just so beautiful (ever color, every design).  

So, are you going to go get a pair?  I haven't gotten used to seeing all of them yet.  They're in long plastic containers, piled up.  My friend packs them (and my clothes in a bedroom) and I can't get to two of the tubs.

I just started wearing the more Spring-like clothes.  Finally lost an ounce so my clothes from last year (some) are fitting...

That means I've made another mess unpacking the clothes...clothes everywhere.  I kinda went bonkers when my husband died.  

Some people do drugs, alcohol, I DID clothes and shoes and ....well...QVC.  Ha!  I give a lot of stuff away so I guess it's all good.

Good grief!  It's fun to know there are other's out there who love Birkenstock like I do.

Take care and have a wonderful weekend.  Fondly, Annabellethecat/Linda.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono  I just looked at the plain blue shoes.  I don't have many that style.  QVC didn't offer that style much.

I kinda have trouble keeping those on my feet.  I think because I wear a size 11 Birkenstocks and they just don't come down enough over the top of my foot.

I do have the older style (longer straps) that are the same (exact) color.

It's funny though because when I wear that color clothes people say "Is that your favorite color"?  I always say, "Nope!  Red is my favorite color".  Ha!

It's also funny how much people notice.  I mainly go to lunch (almost) every day with my friend and the Drs.  But I always dress head to toe up...I made up my mind when he died, I wasn't going to give up on life.  That's my way of dealing with his quick (in my arms) death.

Honored Contributor

They're ugly LOL but, I love them. I want my feet to be comfortable and don't care about bending to somebody else's view of wearing high heels and tight jeans. Looks, well, not my look. Don't need to draw unwanted attention.

Birk's are wide, comfortable and easy slip on and off. Last longer then 5 years, so, I don't mind paying 135 for the new softbed Birk in blue. think they're called Arizona softbed in aqua blue. Dillards. 

If I can find some in flower pattern that would be great , too. Will buy on vacation next month.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, have worn Birkenstock for decades. Use to purchase direct online from Germany at great prices, although this company no longer mails to US.  My favorite style is Arizona and Zurich.  Just received a newly purchased pair of Khaki  (looks olive, leather pebble-textured) Zurich Birkenstock, gorgeous!  I wear in Winter with socks.  Have many Birkenstock from many years, manmade 3-strap Florida with flowers and prints; 2-strap water friendly in patriotic print and strawberry print. My favorite shoes are Birkenstock and Vionic Tide II; although I have Earth, Ryka and Alegria,  always pull out the Birkis and Tide II.