Occasional Contributor

Re: Anybody wear Birkenstocks?

I split my time between Birks & Vionics. Love them both. I wish QVC would bring Birks back. 

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I got , literally, yelled at by my podiatrist for wearing Birkenstocks and have never worn them since.

Of course....he’s got bills to pay.

No Birkenstocks = No business

Maybe they just weren't right for her. They certainly were not for me. There is no "magic" shoe that is perfect for everyone.  

Wide, roomy box & very-low-height sole.

The healthiest feet want that natural position which mimics barefoot.

Anyone who’s anyone will say heeled shoes (any heel)

w/ narrow toes is not a good foot-health protocol.

Seriously?  People are trying to justify heels? Must be a full moon.

F1A274CC-3916-4F70-A420-0E09A6365C6D.jpeg

Where did I "justify" heels and why are you going on the defensive because not everyone likes the same footwear you do?

I simply said Birks are not for everyone. There are lots of other comfort shoes out there. Vionics work better for me because the arch support is just better for my high arched feet. 

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady Mine are all leather.  They are really pretty with delicate flowers and designs.  All colors.  I coordinate them with my clothes in the summer and spring.

The one's in the Fall and Winter are mainly clogs, mary jane's.  I do have a few wild colored one's.

I've tried to figure out how to post some pictures from my phone but I guess I'm tood dumb!  Ha!

The main reason I wanted to is to show people how beautiful the one's QVC used to sell were!

I have been asked which are my favorite one's and maybe, just maybe the one's that are like the American flag, (red, white and blue) sandals are.  I have two pair of them and they are among the first I ever bought (I don't wear them much because I love them so much).

I think I said Paul McCartney wears a pair just like them.  The difference though is his are like my newer one's that I don't like as much.  On those the leather strap is wider.  Maybe they're just a male version.

I like the cooler weather but that means I'll have to say good-bye again to my beloved sandals.

I guess it's dumb to like a kind of clothing so much, but they really help my back.

I didn't even know Birkenstock made fake leather one's.  I even have the one's (real Birkenstocks) that have plastic feet so you can walk in the water in them.

I've never paid much attention to the Birki's versus the other's.  To me they're all Birkenstock.

The few I bought on HSN way, way back never fited or looked exactly like the QVC REAL Birkenstock's.  They don't feel as good either.

The QVC Birkenstock sandals are a good conversation point.  Most people don't know they say, "QVC" unless they look closely!  Ha!

I guess I'm a walking advertisement for QVC.  I wear a size US 11 so they're plenty big.  If I remember they are a 41...I'm too lazy to look, but you'd think I'd have them memorized.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66Remember our conversations well. I didn't buy anything from HSN. Perhaps that's where you bought the really colorful ones that I completely missed. Loved watching Sally Combs and thought I caught every QVC show. My VISA also verified my frequency of watching and buying Birks! (Even had my husband and son addicted to the brand. Son, DIL and grandson now wear them. It's a family tradition; we shop together at several local Birkenstock retailers. Dillard's carries them, too.) 

I do have two or three pair of clogs (not a favorite); but love the MaryJane's! Which those were still being made and marketed. I'd even pay to have them shipped from Europe . . . they are that comfortable in the winter (since I don't ever wear socks). 

You certainly have the best Birkenstock collection of anyone! If you are ever able to post pictures, I'll be anxious to see some of those cool Birks! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@151949  You returned to a podiatrist who had "yelled" at you? He/she doesn't sound very professional. I would not do business with an individual who cannot keep their temper controlled or whom I cannot respect. Yelling or demanding does not show knowledge; it shows he/she was behaving like a bully.

The real question is: Up to your appointment, were the sandals comfortable? If so, I'm so sorry you were basically threatened into giving them up without questioning "Why?" They are not inexpensive. 

I agree not all footwear is for everyone. All feet are different.

However, someone in the business of caring for feet should have been kind and explained why he/she didn't feel a particular brand was good for you. Never, never should a professional, salesperson or anyone else raise their voice with a patient or customer.

Yelling doesn't happen at home, what gives someone the right to behave like that in public (or behind a closed door in this case)? Sounds creepy. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom  Back in the '60's when my fiance' (later husband) bought my first pair, I used to laugh and say, "They are so ugly they are cute . . . just like a VW! Both are German made!"

Are the time, I was visiting him (he was in the Military) in Germary and we were traveling throughout Europe in his used VW for a month during his R&R from active duty. 

Contributor

I love Birkenstock shoes made in Germany.  HSN carries some styles but be careful to check and see if they are the regular width or narrow.  I wish QVC would brink back the Birkenstock shoes.  I love they way they feel once you break them in by wearing them a couple of hours a day for 2 weeks then they feel so comfy.  I want lots of colors and prefer the Arizona Style Birkenstock with the 2 buckle straps which are truly adjustable.  Comfort is my first priority.

Contributor

Sorry I just saw all my typos in my reply.  Long day of working.

Esteemed Contributor

@verarose  All Birkenstock's are made in Germany. There are knock-offs, but they have different names; may be close, but a little different and cannot have the Birkenstock logo.

Since you like the Arizona, have you tried shoes dot com? Check out that website, sign in and you should receive email with discounts in a day or two. Go back whenever you are ready to order, place your order and put in the current discount code. You will receive great discounts on those Birkenstock Arizona sandals. I keep watching the site, but wear a 39 (8 1/2 Med.), which is a typical size and they haven't had navy in a very long time! 

I have ordered from them once and received my Arizona's quickly. Have friends who order from shoes dot com frequently and have returned items. They say the return process is quick and easy. IDK personally.

Honored Contributor

I have never worn them.