Contributor

Re: Anybody watching The LRS show?

I watched some last nite and what bugged me was LR standing with her legs crossed like she was dying to get to a ladies room! I've seen celebrities do that in photos to make them look slimmer, but geez.... it sure looked like she was uncomfortable!

Super Contributor

On 2/14/2014 Beejene said:
On 2/14/2014 ellaphant said:
On 2/14/2014 Luvmycats said:

Not interested in watching any of Lisa's shows and have no respect for her. The GILI items don't have very positive reviews and the Bronzo jewelry line looks very junky to me.

Why are you concerned about a presentation and item details? Lisa and QVC rely on customers like you who place orders prior to the show as a result of pure hype!

THOUSANDS of women enjoy and shop with Lisa's shows....or it wouldn't stay on the air, nor would she continue to have other big programs.

You and others like you love to slam Lisa ....give it a rest. You are wayyyy too crazed about a shopping channel host!

No, your very much mistaken. It's not that people love to slam LR, the BIG issue, IMO, is that QVC and Lisa are presenting her as a Lifestyle and Fashion expert when in fact she absolutely is not!!!! She wears her clothing skin tight and has also made some really poor choices. In addition, her make-up and hair is so outdated that it quite unbelievable that she wants to present herself as an expert. None of the other hosts look as made up and unnatural as she does. Sandra Bennett and Albany are stunning natural beauties. Their hair and makeup is current and beautiful. The ONLY people who look up to LR are women who don't have an understanding of makeup, hair and how to dress. For those of us who do, calling LR an expert is quite a joke. This is why you see so many negative reviews.

You are so wrong!Lisa's shows are more fun Sandra bennett's look to me is so boring and just plain.People don't like Lisa for no reason period.She looks made up so what!I would rather look like Lisa than all the other hosts.So what if she wears her clothes skin tight you don't like then don't wear it.Her makeup is not outdated at all where do you see this?Albany please blabber mouth.All i know i feel bad for Lisa i have never seen a woman get bashed so much.DO NOT WATCH PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

Felt sad for Lisa during her presentations of:

(1). Convertible handbag ... watched Lisa rubbing the gold metal trim ... I noticed these were scuffed, and certainly would mar if anything rubbed against such a shiny surface; also the zipper malfunctioned. The two-tone leather changeability seemed cumbersome.

(2). Short leather jacket ... reminded me of a "straight jacket" & appeared too confining; however, all sold out! Anxious to read the reviews.

(3). Pointed-toe shoes ... sorry ladies, but these will ruin your beautiful toes and arches.

Honored Contributor

I watched and within reason enjoyed, but am sorry it appears to have become nothing more than a showcase for all Gili all the time and, of course, for Bronzo and for black spinel. It's still a cut above most of the programming QVC offers these days, but I guess they've pretty much gotten rid of anything that isn't a 'house brand', so that leaves us with, well, a steady diet of the same lines...

Love the jackets, but like the OP, was annoyed that it never saw the light of day. This seems to be the norm with many items scheduled to be presented on the LRS. They tout them all week, 'advance' them on FB and then there's no presentation and no items left to sell. I loved the brown and blue, but didn't order either of them...

The presentation of that 'nothing special' bag was endless. Frankly, for what it was, the bag struck me as over-priced. It was a cute bag, but really, how much was there to say about it... It was another small bag being sold for a couple of hundred bucks and, again, I wasn't interested.

Didn't like the ombre skirt at all, but the Gili blouse was quite pretty... And the fragrance interesting, but quite pricey. Not remotely interested in more Bronzo or black spinel, so she might was well save her breath on that stuff as far as I'm concerned... They just offer so much of both that I really see no reason they need yet another venue to present them... After weeks of hearing about the watch, didn't float my boat either... I'll try Edward Best's concealer, pricey though it is...

Still enjoyed the show. I like seeing some of the nicer items they occasionally offer, but if the trend continues and this deteriorates into nothing more than week after week of the same house brands, I guess one of the few shows QVC offers that I still enjoy will fall into the same heap as the rest that I no longer watch... And still, after several seasons of the show, I continue to wonder, what purpose does it serve to have Amy hanging around...? My gosh she's annoying...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I liked the show...different stuff for a change!

Respected Contributor

The leather jacket is very bad@ss in a good way- love it! But generally I find all the GILI items are so pretentious and formal- Not my style at all.

Valued Contributor

On 2/14/2014 jadakish said:

I really wish Lisa would get a new updated hairstyle. I liked the camel jacket but it was too short and overpriced for me. What's with the Slatkin retro hairsyle? Is that look back in?

I saw her flipping through channels and thought that the hairstyle was awful. It made her head look huge. It is a sort of Mad Men type of do but did not hit the mark. I never watch those type of shows Not interested. Investigation ID for me!

Trusted Contributor

I was watching the Olympics and Gold Rush last night. Men's figure skating final was a must-see for me.

So, this a.m. I looked at just one video from the LR show. I was not going to comment if I thought she didn't look good. The video I looked at was for the sling-back pump. Hair and all, I think she really looked polished, hot and currently relevant.

Kudos to LR for really bringing it!

Respected Contributor

So entertaining to read posts from women bashing merchandise. I applaud QVC for offering something outside of their usual presentations. I recognize the more upscale GLLI line appeals to enough customers, it's worth the effort. Sounds like successful marketing to me. I'm not calling a product "cheap and overpriced" if I haven't had the experience of seeing it in person.

Respected Contributor

On 2/14/2014 Beejene said:
On 2/14/2014 ellaphant said:
On 2/14/2014 Luvmycats said:

Not interested in watching any of Lisa's shows and have no respect for her. The GILI items don't have very positive reviews and the Bronzo jewelry line looks very junky to me.

Why are you concerned about a presentation and item details? Lisa and QVC rely on customers like you who place orders prior to the show as a result of pure hype!

THOUSANDS of women enjoy and shop with Lisa's shows....or it wouldn't stay on the air, nor would she continue to have other big programs.

You and others like you love to slam Lisa ....give it a rest. You are wayyyy too crazed about a shopping channel host!

No, your very much mistaken. It's not that people love to slam LR, the BIG issue, IMO, is that QVC and Lisa are presenting her as a Lifestyle and Fashion expert when in fact she absolutely is not!!!! She wears her clothing skin tight and has also made some really poor choices. In addition, her make-up and hair is so outdated that it quite unbelievable that she wants to present herself as an expert. None of the other hosts look as made up and unnatural as she does. Sandra Bennett and Albany are stunning natural beauties. Their hair and makeup is current and beautiful. The ONLY people who look up to LR are women who don't have an understanding of makeup, hair and how to dress. For those of us who do, calling LR an expert is quite a joke. This is why you see so many negative reviews.

Yes, many negative reviews, compared to Millions of dollars in sales Lisa brings in. I don't care for her hair or make up myself. That said, she is very pretty and stylishly dressed. The majority of Q clothing is geared towards larger, older women and it is not stylish at all. Over-sized tunics, elastic pants, and orthopedic shoes. As for your "The ONLY people who look up to LR are women who don't have an understanding of makeup, hair and how to dress," I would say Carolyn and Antonella fit that description.

There are other Q hosts who look very dated and conservative. Lisa's GILI line appeals to women who want a more fashion forward look. Q is a billion dollar business. They are well aware of how Lisa is 'positioned.' Her sales obviously reflect a great profit or she would not be continuing in the role she has. As for Albany and Sandra, I agree they are pretty. But I find watching them is like watching paint dry.......