Respected Contributor

Re: Anybody ever order from ETSY??

I’ve ordered from Etsy several times and only had one minor problem. I’ve ordered tableware and food. I think the shipping is a bit high but that’s not a deal breaker for me, if it’s something I really want.

Honored Contributor

My first Etsy buy was the 1982 Tenderheart Carebear still in original box and tags.  This was my son's first teddy bear when he was born in 1983.  When my granddaughter was born in 2014 I located this one in California off of Etsy and bought it for her.  The bear sits proudly still in her bedroom in the original box and tags with a photo of her Daddy as a baby on the floor playing with his beside it.

Also have bought many hair bows for different holidays and personalized for my granddaughter.   Never have I been disappointed.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Contributor

I've made many purchases from Etsy over the years.  All of my purchases except for one have arrived in a timely manner and exactly as described.  I was burned once several years ago when an item from China arrived with only newspaper inside.  Etsy was no help whatsoever and I never got my money back for this transaction.  Despite this, I feel completely comfortable purchasing from Etsy.  I just screen my sellers a lot better.    

Trusted Contributor

i often order handmade doll clothes and also ordered several items to commemorate my dad ( who died in February).  Even if there has been a mix- up, the sellers with whom I have dealt have been great to work with.  Some sellers do have higher shipping, but packages arrive quickly.  One outfit was tracked to my city and disappeared.  The seller asked me to wait a week for the package to show up.  When it did not, she sent out a new item and gave me free first class shipping.  I have been impressed.

Valued Contributor

Wow! I feel like I've been living under a rock LOL! I never realized how long Etsy has been around. Thank you so much for the outpouring of feedback and all of your experiences. It's been great learning about what Etsy is all about. I now feel so much more comfortable placing an order with them. I was interested in ExpressionsBracelets. They have cool cuff bracelets with inspirational sayings on them. I read up on the company and it touched my heart how everything is handmade and for a great cause. 

Thank you again to everyone who took the time to share your stories. 

Honored Contributor

I love Etsy. It's very dangerous.

I found a woman on there who made me a handmade t shirt quilt. It's beautiful, great quality.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@iTalia, I ordered a cover for my Kitchenaid mixer and it was here within about three days.   I also just placed a special order with them on Tuesday for a pet carrier sling and it has already shipped.  In the past, I have ordered a few other things and found the vendors to be very accommodating.  They always respond to questions and they ship very quickly.  There is a nice variety of items and I have always been pleased with the products that I have ordered.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!