Respected Contributor

Re: Anybody else tired of pull up pants?

I don't' think I will ever tire of them because they are so easy to get in and out of.  I still have zipper pants and like those too.  But shopping and riding in a car are more comfortable in pull ons.  Also, pull on pants were a god send when I had shoulder replacement surgery.   I could get them on and off by myself and that was a good thing.  Keep bringing them on for me.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@Whispergirl wrote:

Very tired of the pull up pants, specifically like the the TSV shorts that aired recently, and lots of jeans that have that same wide waistband.  You basically have to wear a top over it to cover, it’s just not attractive to me any way.  Some have a faux fly and button also but are still pull ups.  Can we just have good ole jeans or shorts with a zipper and a button?  They almost remind me of maternity pants.  

@Whispergirl 

Any online (clothing) retailer has to provide purchase options that are appealing, yet able to be worn by many different women.  I mean different by height, weight, body shape, age preferences, what is trending, etc etc etc.   If something like a pair pf pants is too "fitted", then nine out of ten will be returned.

IMO, if you like your clothing fitted, it's best to shop in B&M stores, select your items, and then head straight to your tailor who can fit them for you the way you like to wear that garment.   

Online retailers need to offer things that would fit a multitude of size 12s, for instance, or it won't sell well.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jk9.... I never wore elastic waist pants until I had shoulder surgery a few years ago. It was love at first pull!
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I do love the pull on pants.  Comfy.

Trusted Contributor

I love a good trouser or jeans with hardware, however, I also have some pull-ups that serve their purpose.  I'm thrilled that we have choices and most clothing (regardless of price) have some stretch.  Comfort has come a long way so I'm not complaining.

Super Contributor

I have had it with pull up pants but you cannot find much else! The other thing is that most pants are made to come just below the waistline. Why? The waistline is there to help hold your pants up!! My Levi’s that buttoned at the waist were perfect. Now everything has so much stretch in it that they won’t stay up after a few wearings and washings!
Respected Contributor

No, not tired of them at all. I have many pairs of the pull on jeans in different colors. They are stylish, comfortable, flatten my tummy and I wear any top I want to with them. Tired of them…hardly. More please!
Respected Contributor

No!

Honored Contributor

@Hippiified wrote:

No!

Hate them as jeans.  They are not true jeans to me.  They have to have zipper and button and as much cotton as possible.  The ones on QVC are stretch material with elastic.  Candace and Laurie Felt are two at QVC that still offer real jeans. Complete with hardware. I even have a couple of ridgid all cotton jeans with hardware. But I think it will eventually be 100% pull on at QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

No, I can honestly say that they do not bother me, but I tend to favor tunic length tops, even in the summer.