Frequent Contributor

Anybody else tired of pull up pants?

[ Edited ]

Very tired of the pull up pants, specifically like the the TSV shorts that aired recently, and lots of jeans that have that same wide waistband.  You basically have to wear a top over it to cover, it’s just not attractive to me any way.  Some have a faux fly and button also but are still pull ups.  Can we just have good ole jeans or shorts with a zipper and a button?  They almost remind me of maternity pants.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anybody else tired of pull up pants?

YES!!!  Preach it.

What about a real waist band and some belt loops too?

Super Contributor

There are plenty of jeans here & other websites with the hardware you mentioned. 

Honored Contributor

@Whispergirl   By pull up pants, I assume you mean with elastic waists. They're comfie for flying, long car trips and the gym. Ohter than that, I like tailored pant/jeans with a real waist and funtioning zipper.

Respected Contributor

I don't have any pants with a zipper-button so no, I'm not tired of them...more pull up pants please.

Respected Contributor

When I was younger I was very athletic, and I cannot tell you how many pants I split or buttons I had pop off from bending, stretching, running, dancing, etc.

I used to do ballet in leotards, and I completely appreciate the stretchability of fabrics.

When pull-up pants were introduced I was ecstatic, and that is all I wear now!!

When I saw Jenn Coffey bend/squat  all the way down in Issac's 24-7 pants, I bought multiple pairs.

I love the slim, form fitting look, and all I wear is skinny leg, stretchy pants.  I do NOT do leggings, because to me they are not pants, but rather tights. 

i do not understand what that means--wear a top to cover--I can wear any top with any pants.  If pants make you look like you are wearing maternity clothes, perhaps it is time for some sit-ups, toe-touches, etc.

Trusted Contributor

@Whispergirl wrote:

Very tired of the pull up pants, specifically like the the TSV shorts that aired recently, and lots of jeans that have that same wide waistband.  You basically have to wear a top over it to cover, it’s just not attractive to me any way.  Some have a faux fly and button also but are still pull ups.  Can we just have good ole jeans or shorts with a zipper and a button?  They almost remind me of maternity pants.  

Why would I be sick of a clothing item that doesn't affect me? I shop in places that carry what I want to wear. 

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Why would anybody want a bulky, rough zipper when they could just pull them up and down?  Doesn't make sense.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not because I do not have many and buy most of my pants locally so I can try on for a good fit.

I did try some of Kim's and really like them.  They are comfortable and I prefer the flat waist band all around.  

I dont mind having both but I know what you are saying .  All the vendors are doing the same things.

I'm more tired of so many tunic tops because I am short.  I do the half tuck.

Honored Contributor

I don't like them and I don't wear them. I need belt loops.  I have a slimmer waist than my hips.  They remind me of pull-ups.