Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody else organizing closets this weekend?

On 8/30/2014 spookyghost said:
On 8/30/2014 shoekitty said:
On 8/30/2014 spookyghost said: Do you all have really nice and big walk in closets? I wish I did. My house was built in the 50's. Need I say more! Lol. I am going to put shelves in and make it as roomy as I can but it is what it is. Oh I got a little ot-sorry! Lol. I actually will be cleaning out my closet. Getting rid of the things that I just don't wear. And trying to organize it the best I can. Shoot. Ds is in college so no extra spending here. I actually don't care if I don't buy one new clothing article for the next three years as long as I financially survive college. I pray these next three years go by fast!

My house is 1966, so I know what you mean about the closets!! Our mater bedroom has 2 closets, but they are small and doored. However, I can attest to the fact a ton of stuff can be packed in there.

Yes me too! Our master has two closets also but they are small. And our bedroom is small too. So if you can picture that our bedroom consists of a queen size bed, two night stands and one dresser which is inbetween the two closets. That's it. What I would love to do is knock out the wall between the two closets and make it one big one! That's the best my master will get. I get so irritated watching house hunters when the couple complains about the master being too small and I'm drooling over how big it is! Haha.

My house was also built in the 50's. I just spill out into other closets. I have been purging so I am down to two closets from three!!

Trusted Contributor

No way! We're watching SEC football!

Respected Contributor

I have a small, compact walk-in closet in my master bedroom. I had it designed by California Closets many years ago. I had to do something, because the wire shelves someone installed for me kept falling down. I have another small closet in my den (also with my clothes) and the coat closet in the entry way. I still need to purge my clothes, as I don't dress up every day now that I'm not working. My closets and dresser drawers are all full. It doesn't help that I need summer and winter clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

I like your suggestion about the photographs on boxes as to whats in them. Great idea. I fell from a ladder trying to find out what was inside. If I had done that I would have saved myself injury. I am fine now but it was an interesting experience to say the least.

Trusted Contributor

Closets are supposed to be organized? News to me -
Honored Contributor

On 8/30/2014 Alsee said: Closets are supposed to be organized? News to me -

who knew?

Respected Contributor

On 8/30/2014 crdlb said:

I'm watching reruns of last fall's Linea collection on my DVR, getting some inspiration. I'm doing purses, shoes and boots. The hardest to part with for me.

I photograph all my shoes, boots and purses and put the photos on the boxes/sleeper bags so I can find everything easier.

It's always like Christmas when you get to dark corners of the closet!

crdlb, that's exactly what I'm doing! Wish I had all of my DVR'd Linea shows, but I don't. I do watch what I do have for inspiration. I'm trying on and discarding, but keeping all of my Linea thus far!

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/30/2014 luvpoos said:

Nope, just relaxing this weekend. Went down to the water and we had lobster rolls today. Beautiful afternoon. It's going to in the 80's and humid this week coming up. Haven't thought about Fall yet.

Me too. I spent the day swimming and reading near the pool. It's going to be summery here for awhile longer, and I'm in no hurry to switch my main closet to fall clothing yet. I plan to be at the beach, boating, etc. through the end of September, so for me there's plenty of time. Summer is the one season that I never want to rush.

Kiss

Respected Contributor

I did a lot of paring down last week when we got back from our vacation. I gave away a lot - and spent some time wondering how/why I accumulated so much more than I need.

It feels good to have space in the closet and in the drawers! I kept the best of the best, and will wear those. The days of wanting endless variety in my wardrobe are over.

It makes more sense to have a pared-down wardrobe and actually wear the clothes!

At least, that's where I'm at right now.

Honored Contributor

not this weekend but later,

I will have better idea of what I wore this summer and will possibly/probably pare down those items.