Super Contributor

Anybody else can't justify the price of a Dooney?

I think the Dooney's are nice, but the large ones too heavy, the small ones cute, however the price seems too much for our budget. Anybody else feel the same?

Contributor

Re: Anybody else can't justify the price of a Dooney?

Most definitely do here ...they are a bit heavy. I have one but it will be the last one.LOL....... for me to put out this kind of money for a bag or purse is not in my best interest as I get tired of the same ones and like lots of changes . Just not my cup of tea as they say!

Super Contributor

Yes. But the coated canvas pansy tote seems just right to me.

Respected Contributor

<h1> Anybody else can't justify the price of a Dooney...Do you mean...."Can anyone else justify the price of a Dooney bag?"</h1>

"the large ones too heavy.....the small ones cute"

I am not understanding your post. Are you referring to a single bag or making a broad statement? The grammar is throwing me off...

I own many D&B bags and really like them. I do own one which has scratched terribly and I have only carried it a few times. Obviously, I'm not too pleased about that! Nice leather bags are expensive!

Valued Contributor

On 2/13/2014 casuallady said:

I think the Dooney's are nice, but the large ones too heavy, the small ones cute, however the price seems too much for our budget. Anybody else feel the same?

Thick, rich, luxurious leather will always be heavy and expensive. Plus as you said, they are nice. When quality meets style/fashion, it will always be worth it. So no, I don't feel the same.

Honored Contributor

I like nice bags and own a lot of them. My everyday bag is a navy Dooney. I have been using it for over two years and it definitely has not been babied and it still looks great.

Super Contributor

I think they are big heavy and awkward. I would not want one if I were given one.
Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}I'm never sure about these types of threads, it's like the OP is looking for someone to back her up on her not wanting to spend the $$ for a Dooney.

Either you think they are worth the price or you don't....some women obviously do buy them and love them, if they aren't for you or you think they are too pricey, why not just move on and find something else you like. Price, weight or other complaints, they are what they are.

I have several Dooney bags and love them. The ones I have are very durable and I am able to carry them for a long time. I feel that they are worth the price. The quality is very good.

Super Contributor

I have quite a few bags and many of them are Dooneys. But...I've found a brand that I prefer to Dooney. Last summer I purchased my first Isaac Mizrahi Live Bridgehampton bag, a TSV, and I've loved it from the day I received it. I have carried that black leather hobo for months, far more than any of my more expensive Dooneys. I love the IM bag so much that I ordered another IM hobo in a new style in bone. The new hobo arrived today, and is such a nice bag. Again...an all leather bag, and so much less than I was paying for my Dooney's.

Black bag.....A234628 and Bone bag.....A241064

Valued Contributor

What is ""our budget""? The OP says Dooneys are too much for our budget.