Honored Contributor

It's all over their site that they're doing away with a daily special, talking about evine. Anybody know what's up with this? I haven't heard anybody there talking about the reasoning why, I do check in on their site. Are their prices being dropped all across the board or what? Mybe they find in research that doing a daily special really makes little difference.

Honored Contributor

probably trying a new sale approach

let's face it TSVs etc are not the big deal they used to be,  most viewers/viewers can find out what they are ahead of time.  The pricing isn't always such a deal either.

Honored Contributor

Evine is having financial trouble, they are re-vamping and changing their name.  There is a post on here somewhere with the article posted.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie   Gees, another name change? If they're having problems financial or otherwise I really don't think yet another new name will fix anything.

Super Contributor

Re: Anybody Know the Story

[ Edited ]

Evine had the crazy long, cheap payments like QVC does now on their easy pay. When I saw QVC start doing that I thought, hmm, they must be feeling a pinch  in the earnings and now they are reaching out. Is this the beginning of a slow end to the Q?

Esteemed Contributor

One of the first rules in Marketing is (or was, when I took a class in college) ... if a product is not doing well or not selling,  change the name.

Esteemed Contributor

T he rumor I heard is that Evine is going back to using the name Shop HQ or whatever it was. We don't get the channel.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor
Most days they are selling that crappy jewelry and watches. They may be expensive. I don't know. I don't wear either anymore. QVC even got away from selling jewelry.  Ten, fifteen years ago I spent a lot on silver jewewlry.  It's dated. I donated my whole jewelry box to the thrift store when I moved. The only time I watch Evine is when SSC is on and only once or twice. I watched when Skinn was on but they have nothing I am interested in anymore. 
Honored Contributor

Personally I think all that watch programming is part of their problem.  I'm a channel checker, I zip around and settle on the best current one.  I hit those watches and I'm on to the next.  I don't know what peak viewing hours are for women who TV shop, but I imagine very few settle in for an hour of men's watches.  My old computer still had the Shop NBC logo on the link, Personally I like the multi-stripe logo best, fresh and modern.  Simple black and white?  Yuck.  Same with you, QVC.  Too plain.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD 

They're just switching the format and calling it something else. They talked about it during the two-day fashion show. The good part is they reactivated all the T TVs that they still had quantity remaining in. I picked up the progresso storage