Regular Contributor

Any thoughts on YUMMIE brand?

[ Edited ]

I have tried Spandex and WOW they do help, but become very uncomfortable after several hours, they have to come off.. 

I see the Yummie brand and was wondering if they really do give some extra support.. I know nothing is going to make me 1 or 2 size smaller, but with more figure hugging clothing, I like that extra feel of smoothing out the lumps and bumps.. 

Any information is appreciated.. 

TIA

Trusted Contributor

Re: Any thoughts on YUMMIE brand?

I Bought the skinny T sold on QVC with all the hoopla about how amazing it was. I am very thin, and the skinny T was horribly uncomfortable! Now I hesitate to purchase any other brand.
Honored Contributor

I have a feeling that their 'briefs' don't quite cover/support the tummy area, therefore pushing up the tummy into the love handle section.  But the tank might work just fine.  Because of this, I wouldn't buy the set.  Just the tops.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Just know that the sizing isn't typical HSN sizing.  You have to go up a size.  I only own the tanks and actually went up 2 sizes. 

Respected Contributor

I love Yummie!!!  I have an embarrassing amount of leggings and tanks!  Other pieces as well.  Love the leggings and don't want to wear any other leggings again.  Her tanks are wonderful and really are true to the Yummie Hug.  Really holds you in but looks great!  i haven't layered them yet but will start soon.  HER JEANS ARE THE BEST!

I was almost giving up on Jeans and then found hers.  Realy top notch.

Honored Contributor

I ordered the boot cut leggings.  Her jeans look nice too.

I can see sizing up on her things though. 

I woudn't compare her tanks to Skinny T's.  I don't like those at all.  I think it looks ridiculous when the vendor comes on and has a tank pulled down to mid-thigh.

Super Contributor

I ordered a Yummie brief a couple of years ago on clearance.  It was so small, it was almost comical.  I normally wear a size 6 in pants; I ordered the medium/large.  When I  opened the pkg, I thought there must have been a size mix-up...nope...it was labeled the medium/large.  It actually looked like something a little girl would wear.  There was  no way I could even get it above my thighs (and I have skinnier legs).  The TS looks great, but I am hesitant to try it again because of the off sizing.  I'd hate to have to send it back.  If I did decide to get it, I'd go up one size for sure and maybe even two!!

Valued Contributor

I tried the Yummie brand for the first time about a year ago. Purchased some sort of set from HSN. I also purchased a pair of leggings that although I did not like, I did not return. 

So, my initial reaction to the line was, meh. :/

Fast forward to about a month or so ago and I was Nordstrom and needed a shaping tank of some sort and started perusing their selection of Yummie products. I purchased a tank and a bra. The bra has quickly become one of my most favorite bras of all time. I am about a 36-38D, so not small, but not huge, and I've been wearing this bra almost non-stop (I am sad when it's being washed and I have to wait for it to dry). It is a comfort bra, just fabric, so if you're looking for something with more structure, this probably isn't for you. And it looks like the Yummie brand doesnt have much with underwire or molded cups. But with these sort of bras I put in modesty pads if I have a shear blouse/top on and I'm good to go. 

Respected Contributor

glamama - I was thinking of ordering the Yummie comfort bra it is a crossover one very similar to Rhonda Sheer's aah bras - is this the same kind of bra you are referring to sizing runs m/l and l/XL not numerical sizing. It looks very comfortable and I was deciding whether or not to give it a try - her show are on HSN today too.
Trusted Contributor

I am sure these are slimming a firming, but all I can think of is how hot I would feel with all that tightness next to me! I tried Spanx once and found out I had to go up two sizes.