Honored Contributor

Re: Any suggestions for nice pants for the office?

@Texasmouse wrote:

I lost some weight recently and find myself needing new pants for work.  Most of the tops I have will still work but I'm needing a few pairs of nice tailored trousers that aren't "throw away" or too trendy, such that they won't be wearable in another season or so. I don't want anything that has an elastic waistband but a little spandex doesn't hurt. I'd also like to keep the cost below $50 but I don't know if I can get decent quality and fit for that. Thanks for any suggestions you ladies can give me!

Texasmouse.  I work after 36 yrs of teaching just to get out, and love Rafella dress slacks.  I get mine at Belk (love their reward points).  The white is nice, in that it's a woven fabric, not just a cotton weave.  The beige isn't the deep yellow of kacki, more a nice tan.  I have all the colors for both summer and cooler weather.  Classic leg that looks well with nice shoes. I use Magic spray sizing to iron the white and they look so professional!

Respected Contributor

Thank you, ladies, for the great ideas and suggestions! I'm visiting family in Canada for a week and maybe I'll have a chance to do some shopping here. Who knows, I might find something that fits the bill. If not, I have a wealth of resources to check out when I return, thanks to you helpful ladies! You all are awesome! <3

Spoiler

Trusted Contributor

Love INC. Brand from Macys! That brand is so stylish!
Super Contributor

I love Woman With Control pants!  I'm very surprised that they turned out to be my favorite pants!  Have since bought maWoman Very Happyny pairs and colors of them!

Honored Contributor

Now is a terrific time to buy clothing because everything is on clearance.  You can get good summer bargains and even some fantastic last winter bargains if you're lucky.  Marshall's and TJ Maxx are bursting with bargains right now.

Macys and Lord & Taylor (with all of their discounts and coupons) will have Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein on sale.  I have a lot of their dress pants.  Talbots (during their red hanger sale) is also going to be a good bet as they have a lot of styles and fabrics.  If you know your Talbot's size, you will do better ordering on line as the stores have limited styles (IMO).

Pants and Jeans are a PITA to fit.  For me, I have to mentally prepare for a day at the mall to go pants shopping.  I wear comfy, easy on/easy off clothes, the right undies and top, bring my dress shoes with me and just try on tons of pants until I find the right ones.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I have found pants for work at your price point of $50 or less at Stein Mart, Dress Barn, JCP, Kohl's, & Macy's.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sandraskates wrote:

Try checking out the INC brand at Macy's too.

Now I know you said no elastic waist but I bought the most fabulous pair of INC stretch ponte pants with a boot cut or slight flare at the hem. I put those puppys on and it's an instant 10 lbs GONE! I hoping they come out with some colors other than black when fall rolls around again.

At any rate, INC has other selections besides pull-on so give them a look.

I have those pants, and I LOVE them.  They are flattering and slimming.

I also buy the DREW style of the Limited. 

They did have them in navy last year, and I bought one pair.  I don't wear navy often, but I liked the pants so much I bought a pair.  I have multiple pairs of black, INC dress pants.  They have stretch and they are super comfy but flattering.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Well, I haven't done too badly so far. I found a nice pair of black chinos at a Gap Factory Store yesterday, marked down from $54.95 to $14.99. Hitting some outlets today. Smiley Happy