Respected Contributor

Re: Any suggestions for nice pants for the office?

I would suggest you look at the A25902, A265615, and A237394. They all work well for me, and have good reviews. Some even come in petite if you need them.

Trusted Contributor

Try checking out the INC brand at Macy's too.

Now I know you said no elastic waist but I bought the most fabulous pair of INC stretch ponte pants with a boot cut or slight flare at the hem. I put those puppys on and it's an instant 10 lbs GONE! I hoping they come out with some colors other than black when fall rolls around again.

At any rate, INC has other selections besides pull-on so give them a look.

Trusted Contributor

Ann Taylor has nice pants, The Loft, Talbots. I know their clothes tend to be on the pricier side, but they have some great sales going on now. You may be able to find something in your price range. They normally don't carry those elastic waist band pants.
Trusted Contributor

Vince Camuto has straight leg and flare leg trousers on sale right now at Nordstrom. They are between $50-$60, but the price goes up to $80-$90 after the sale. 

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse

How about these?  They are $39, in four colors, hemmed to your length (free) in petites, regular, tall, plus, and petite plus. Item #391761AK3

Super Contributor

My favorite pants to wear to work are from Banana Republic.  They are tropical wool in a Jackson fit. I have two pairs of black pants, one gray, and one navy.

My second favorite brand of pants are from Ann Taylor.  I buy the tropical wool Curvy cut.  I have them in chocolate brown, a tiny black and white glen plaid, and a dark brown/black neutral weave.

Both these brands cost more than your ideal price, but I have always gotten my BR pants for at least 40% off during online promotions.  I've never paid full price for the AT pants, either.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I love two brands at Macy's:  JM and Alfani. They are reasonably priced, well made and the sizing is consistent.  

Talbot's makes beautiful pants, but often I'm between sizes in their pants.

Honored Contributor

My "go to" pants are the Drew style pants from the Limited!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Have you tried any of the dress pants at Express?  They are terrific.  Really beautiful trousers in skinny, straight and boot cut styles.  I have several in the skinny and straight styles.  I wear them to the office a lot.

Esteemed Contributor

I have some Linea pants from QVC that are my favorites to wear to work. I wouldn't be surprised to see some new great pants in this line for fall.

A few months ago I tried Susan Graver's Chelsea stretch pants, but I returned them. I loved the fit, but the fabric pilled the first time I wore them.