Trusted Contributor

Any other fashionable comfort shoe brands other than Clarks?

[ Edited ]

I wear Clarks and I love them, but I could use some other brands for variety. I would like to know of other brands that look good, I am especially in need of ballet flats for fall that are neutral in color and are not too tight. 

Oh, one of my feet is slightly larger than the other ((less than a half an inch) and my left she always hurts.anyone else have this problem?

Honored Contributor

Re: Any other fashionablecomfort she brands other than Clarks?

[ Edited ]

I swear by the Cole Haan Air line.  It's been discontinued so you can frequently  pick up their ballet flats for half price at places like Saks Off 5th, Neiman Marcus Last Call and 6PM.  I size up a half size.

I like Born flats too.

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite ballet flats were made by Naturalizer.  I also find that Born are comfy, but I haven't been excited about some of their latest styles because they can be bulky.

Honored Contributor

Loving to work with people, I went into retail after thirty six years of teaching juniors and seniors.  Because of the standing I have, had to find shoes that are fashionable yet comfortable.  I love Fly London, Tsubo, Born, Dansko, and at Dillards, Nurture which is the most traditional styling.  Also there's a catalog of items to create foot comfort as well as comfortable shoes called Foot Smart.  They have a good site too.  I also use Zappos.com, which has a comfort division under choices.  Lastly, when I love a shoe but need it a little more snug, I use Foot Petals stick on pads.  They're great.  Hope this helps.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any other fashionable comfort shoe brands other than Clarks?

@dperry wrote:

I wear Clarks and I love them, but I could use some other brands for variety. I would like to know of other brands that look good, I am especially in need of ballet flats for fall that are neutral in color and are not too tight. 

Oh, one of my feet is slightly larger than the other ((less than a half an inch) and my left she always hurts.anyone else have this problem?

Do you have a shoe store available that carries higher end comfort shoes? If so, I would pay them a visit.  One of my favorite local stores offers the services of a pedorthist to measure and offer suggestions for what is best for your particular feet.  

ECBC offered some good suggestions--Fly London and Tsubo.  I would also suggest, Earth, Earthies, OTBT, Rieker, Pikolinos, Gentle Souls and Taos, to name a few.  

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

I love the Born line of shoes. They are well made, and attractive, and in my experience fit true to size.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

SAS are good, too.

Valued Contributor

Try Hotter Shoes!  Hotter.com.

If you like Clarks these fit like them.  Look for styles called "Comfort Fit" for a little extra room.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery, these come from England like Clarks used to.

Trusted Contributor

For fashionable comfort I wear Aerosoles mostly!!  They always have a nice selection of flats, wedges, sandals and heels in 2, 3 and 4 inches!  I never wear higher than 3 inch!

I live in Aerosoles wedgees for everyday wear!!  All of their shoes have the suede lining which feels so nice!!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Interesting, I find some Clark's are comfortable and others are not.  Some Born's the same.  The most comfortable pair of shoes I own is Cole-Hahn but one of the least comfortable is also a Cole-Hahn.  I think it just depends.