Respected Contributor

Re: Any other fans of HSN's Helen Keaney who think she's getting a raw deal?

LipstickDiva: I totally agree with your assessment of HSN. IMO, they don't develop their hosts to be their own best but instead try to fit them into a mold that someone there considers the ideal HSN host. As a result, stellar hosts like Bill Green get the short shrift and Helen Keaney's unique personality is squelched. Not being a Stepford Wife-style host or a size 2 and with a great sense of humor, she has a special ability to relate to the average viewer.

I think their new CEO has done great things with their marketing efforts and stable of vendors. Maybe now she should rethink how they approach training/nurturing of their hosts. I've seen Bill Green and Connie hosting together, and they're a hoot. Why not put them together for a weekend show, Happy Hour with Bill and Connie? I've noticed what's going on with the hosts at HSN this summer because I've been buying a lot on sale there and so have watched many videos while making my decisions. Bill Green should give many of the rest of the hosts a refresher course in describing and promoting a product. He gives the most information and IMO motivates me to buy more than any others.

Honored Contributor

On 8/25/2014 OPI Girl said:

I think the wedding has been canceled?

Oh that's a shame. I haven't seen Helen since winter when she hosted with Tamra and she was talking about her engagement.

Honored Contributor

Sorry I am seeing this thead late. I wondered about Brett and Leslie Ann also. HSN put a lot of advertising into the new Morning Show. After two weeks, Leslie was on vacation for a week and then Brett was on vacation. When Brett returned, he never came back to the morning show. HSN did send out a survey regarding Brett and Leslie Ann. I marked it as neutral as I could but had to answer the question "Did the new pairing of Brett and Leslie Ann as the Morning Shows hosts make you want to watch?" with a no. Their sales must have really been down because they didn't even give them a month to click.

I agree that Bill is a great host but I also think Adam is right there with him. As for Helen, I also enjoy her and hope that her move to the overnights was at her request. I had also noticed that Helen has been referring to herself as single so that seems to indicate the engagement is off.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/23/2014 annabellethecat said:

I said hair, I meant to say cute on the air.

She did dye her "hair" red, and she's also cute on the air, anna. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/31/2014 Tique said:

Sorry I am seeing this thead late. I wondered about Brett and Leslie Ann also. HSN put a lot of advertising into the new Morning Show. After two weeks, Leslie was on vacation for a week and then Brett was on vacation. When Brett returned, he never came back to the morning show. HSN did send out a survey regarding Brett and Leslie Ann. I marked it as neutral as I could but had to answer the question "Did the new pairing of Brett and Leslie Ann as the Morning Shows hosts make you want to watch?" with a no. Their sales must have really been down because they didn't even give them a month to click.

I agree that Bill is a great host but I also think Adam is right there with him. As for Helen, I also enjoy her and hope that her move to the overnights was at her request. I had also noticed that Helen has been referring to herself as single so that seems to indicate the engagement is off.

I'll get to see Helen anyway - have insomnia and see all the newbies. She'll be a welcome! Smiley Happy I, too, like both Bill and Adam. They do a good job. I think Marlo is a "hard" seller. I like the old ones at HSN: BRC, Colleen, etc., not so much the new ones. I miss Diana Perkovich. Couldn't believe they lost her....

Esteemed Contributor

Whatever the reason one thing I prefer about HSN host scheduling over QVC is that no hosts is etched into specific time slots/days of the week eternally. They change things up and move them around a bit. If you don't care for a host in particular assignment never fear, even their popular shows get a host freshening after a couple of years.

I don't mind Helen, and I won't immediately change the channel if the show features products I'd like to see, but she never seems uncomfortable and nervous in a selling role (unless she's teamed with a co-host). I often wondered who she knows to get and keep the job.

I think that HSN has changed there programing to a point where it's difficult to watch because at times you get recorded shows that say the price may not be correct and they may not have all sizes anymore and the show your watch is prerecorded.  This makes it a problem for me and I have quit watching HSN almost completely.  When it comes to Helen I miss her in her regular spot, she made everything easy to understand and easier to buy.  She is a bright star and shines greatly for HSN and they have made a great mistake.  By moving 10 FAVES to 4 am ET that leaves west coast people at a lose for any of the really good specials since all good specials are usually scheduled for prime time east coast time.  The west coast was at least able to get a crack at 10 items before east coast when 10 FAVES was at 12 pm  PT/ 3am ET..  HSN  take care of your stars!!!  

We love Helen Keaney..

Honored Contributor

This thread is 4 years old.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

This thread is 4 years old.

😦😦😦😦😦😦!

Honored Contributor

It always boggles my mind, why a new member would dig us old threads like this

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.