Valued Contributor

Re: Any of you like Corky's shoes?

Thanks for all the replies.  I think I'll pass on them.  You are all gems!

Honored Contributor

Corky's-

721-572 - Corkys Elite "Poppy" Hand-Painted Leather Adjustable Demi Wedge Sandals

Spring Step-

Honored Contributor

I don't own any but I kind of like the look of some Corky's shoes. I don't care for the cutout flowers or anything like that for myself though. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Vamp wrote:

@Vamp wrote:

Who is Corky and what do her shoes look like? Can anyone post a picture? Thanks.

Ha ha. I just realized Corky is the brand...I looked them up--they look like Bernie Mevs. I don't own them, but my mom & my sister both have a pair and say they are very comfortable. 

Several brands are using that stretch woven look upper in multi colors and solids.  ernie Mev seems to specialize in it is the upper used in most of their shoes.  That however is the end of the similarity as this gimp can wear Bernie Mev's quite comfortably.  I discovered Bernie Mev brand at a local independent shoe store and not only those of us with leg and foot issues, but anyone who wants stylish comfortable shoes should check it out.  

The Steve Madden brand also has some similar stretch woven styyles wich are more comfortable than Corky's.  

Berni Mev Multi Camo    Corky's Bright Multi

Steve MaddenSteven by Steve Madden "Brice" Woven Stretch Mary Jane

Respected Contributor

I have a couple of flat pairs and they are super cute but just ok, on comfort. I have seen the Spring Step Brand in Bealls of Florida. Recently, I was in the North Georgia Mountains on vacation and I saw many of these types of sandals being sold in specialty shops around the area.

Occasional Contributor

I have seen many take offs on Bernie Mev shoes which I LOVE. They are very comfortable and I have three pairs in different solid colors. Check out this brand online. I have found some good buys at Houser Shoes. 

Honored Contributor

The only Corky I know is Corky's Ribs and BBQ.

Respected Contributor

I was not familiar with this brand, but from a brief look, it appears that they do "takes" on several popular styles by other brands (woven styles, embellished/painted leather styles, and some that look like Jambu, to name a few)?

Honored Contributor

I have a couple pair of Corky's that have the woven design that's similar to some Skecher styles.  The Corky's are super cute.  They're not quite as comfortable as my Skecher Go Walks, but I can still manage several hours of wear in them.  They run true to size on me.  I bought mine on Amazon.

Frequent Contributor

I like them. Very unique. I've recently ordered 5 pair from Evine. They do recommend going up a size.