Respected Contributor

Re: Any alternatives to Women with Control pants?

A268216 is a wonderful boot cut pant from Linea, but I don't know what's left. It has a terrific fit and a great fabric

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@lolakimono

I don't know if you've ever bought the WWC pants to do a comparison, but I like the LE and wondered if the dark colors fade as much as WWC...WWC look old very quickly in my experience.  The LE cotton/spandex content is close to WWC, which is what I like about WWC.  Also, if you know off-hand, do the LE pants come in different styles (i.e. straight, boot, other)?  TIA

@MacDUFF

Indeed, I have. I find that the LE ones are hard to tell the difference between black and navy (had to write it in Sharpie on the label).  They are a heavier weight also.  I would not buy them at full price, but they are made better than WWC, and I don't think they fade as much.  The WWC ones got nubbies in the crotch area (not sure if this is TMI, but I figured I would tell you that).  I think the WWC offers a more flattering fit, IMO, but LE are workhorses. The LE ones are more limited in colors (I have the leggings too) and they don't have a million choices.  If I were to rebuy, I would buy the "slim" cut or size down in the regular ones.  I think I have only seen regular,  slim pants, leggings, and crops in the LE line.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @lolakimono...I may have to give the LE a try.  ("Nubbies in the crotch area!!!??"  OH MY!!)

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

Thanks @lolakimono...I may have to give the LE a try.  ("Nubbies in the crotch area!!!??"  OH MY!!)

@MacDUFF

Maybe it's the "chub rub" that Angel from QF speaks of. Cat Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono

No no no no no!!  Don't go there, lola!! 

Super Contributor

I like the Daisy Fuentes ponte pants, some are straight some bootleg.  Pull em on.  I also wear the Croft & Borrow's, more straight leg. 

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@lolakimono

I don't know if you've ever bought the WWC pants to do a comparison, but I like the LE and wondered if the dark colors fade as much as WWC...WWC look old very quickly in my experience.  The LE cotton/spandex content is close to WWC, which is what I like about WWC.  Also, if you know off-hand, do the LE pants come in different styles (i.e. straight, boot, other)?  TIA

My Lands End starfish pants have not faded at all.  I wash in cold and dry them in the dryer.  A couple of mine are 2 years old and haven't faded.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart

Thanks for the info on the LE starfish pants.  I'll have to check out the LE at my nearest Sears.

Sidebar:  Back in my lurking days, I remember a thread you started asking for prayers for your son.  IIRC, he was being deployed to...Iraq maybe...Afghanistan?  I prayed for him ("CalmInTheHeart's son"), but never saw anything after that, so I hope my prayers were answered and he is doing well!!

Valued Contributor

Yes!  I love love love the ponte pants sold at JJill.  Price is competative with WWC when you add in the delivery costs.   I think the color is more saturated.  The black stays a dark black after many washings. Check them out on line. I know they sell petite....not sure about tall.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@JesssMe wrote:

Thanks for the idea from Lands End.  I need a tall, 34 inch inseam, they only have a 33, would be too short.

34 inches.  Wow, I am so jealous of you and have never seen you but you must have the legs I dreamed of having.  Wow, wow, wow, just wow!