Super Contributor

Any alternatives to Women with Control pants?

Hi Ladies,
I am in need of new pants.  I like the Women with Control boot cut, but most of them are on clearance and the others are very limited in sizes and colors.

Are there any other brands from QVC that are similar, with the spandex?

Thanks for your help.

Honored Contributor

Re: Any alternatives to Women with Control pants?

@JesssMe

Not from QVC, but I think you will like these.

Starfish, from Land's End

COMFORTABLE — AND SLIMMING! — KNIT PANTS FOR WOMEN.

They just might be the most refined knit pants for women ever — not to mention the most comfortable! Soft, shape-keeping fabric actually makes you look slimmer. A wide, full-elastic waistband is designed to lie flat and smooth. And there's a zip pocket just right for carrying a credit card or ID. Starfish: the perfect knit pants for women? We think so! 89% cotton/11% spandex. Machine wash. Imported.

FEATURES

• Women's Knit Pants with soft cotton jersey they stretch with ease
  • Wide elastic waistband lies flat and smooth
  • Invisible zip pocket at the waist is just the size of a credit card
  • Figure-balancing straight legs
  • Inseams: Regular, 31"; Petite, 28 1/2", Tall 33″; Plus, 30 1/2"; Plus Petite, 28"
  • Read Once Upon a Starfish, the story behind the name
Super Contributor

Thanks for the idea from Lands End.  I need a tall, 34 inch inseam, they only have a 33, would be too short.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JesssMe
@JesssMe wrote:

Thanks for the idea from Lands End.  I need a tall, 34 inch inseam, they only have a 33, would be too short.

I found these pants from the business side of the Lands End in 34" call them. https://business.landsend.com/customerservice/contact-us

Lands End sends online coupons out to their customers.

Respected Contributor

Have you tried Isaac's 24/7 stretch pants?  He has both boot cut and straight leg.  

Honored Contributor

I love the Starfish pants from Lands End but never thought about wearing them to work.  They're ok for a casual dress code.

I just bought some great ponte pants from Kohls.   I couldn't believe how well they fit and feel.   They had a couple of styles....one was pull-on and one had a zipper and button in front.  I bought one of each and want more.   They also come in multiple lengths!

I just found some slacks at Lands End that I love too.  They are chinos with a mid-rise and straight leg.  They have a 30% off promo going right now which is why I bought them.   The mid-rise is not a low one.  I'm shorter and the waist hits just below my naval.   And they are comfortable!

Respected Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

Have you tried Isaac's 24/7 stretch pants?  He has both boot cut and straight leg.  

This is a good suggestion @itsmagic.  Plus the Isaac pants can be dressed up.

Honored Contributor

KOHLS, they have slim straight leg pants,some pull ons,some snap front,i got the pull ons, croft&barrow ,stretch.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I have two pair of WWC slacks that are years old and have held up well; however, needed replacing. I recently purchased four pair of Isaac's 24/7 slacks and they are awesome. I have two pair of the straight leg style and two pair of boot cut. Very fligure flattering and actually more "on trend" that my WWC's.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono

I don't know if you've ever bought the WWC pants to do a comparison, but I like the LE and wondered if the dark colors fade as much as WWC...WWC look old very quickly in my experience.  The LE cotton/spandex content is close to WWC, which is what I like about WWC.  Also, if you know off-hand, do the LE pants come in different styles (i.e. straight, boot, other)?  TIA

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~