Valued Contributor

Re: Antthony Long Button Front Sweater TS Tomorrow

I am earglerly awaiting the grey. Just last night I purchased the new IM long sleeve tee/tunic in grey to go underneath the sweater, so it better work out. LOL. Seriously, I don't mind the acrylic at all  It's easy care and I have no desire to pay for cashmere and the dry cleaning involved.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I ordered the purple and it is being delivered todaySmiley Happy  I ordered a TS on E in purple to go with it.  I know I can wear any color with it but the purple tunic is nice and it was under $30.00 One world.

Honored Contributor

I received it today in purple, I ordered a medium.  I am a size 12 and 5'6 I went by the chart and it fits perfectly.  Very happy with this purchase.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I was really looking forward to getting the 2 sweaters I purchased. It was first purchase from Antthony's line. I opened the box to find that the pretty grey sweater has tons of random bright white strings poking out. It's as if a couple threads used weren't dyed the grey so they pop out white in sections. If you just glance at it, it looks like there are a bunch of white balled up areas. Really disappointed. It's going back. I also got the purple which is a gorgeous color. But after trying on both, the style just doesn't look good on me at all. The big collar flap things make me look huge. Both will be returned. However, the weight of the sweater was very nice and I could see myself checking out next year's version if it's a different style.

Respected Contributor

findingmyjoy, the gray with white threads sound really strange. Sorry it did not bring you joy. I know when I finally recieve an item I am so hoping as I open it that I do not have to return it and what a disappointment it is when I do.

I wonder if anyone that owns this item could measure the front from shoulder seam to hem and the length of sleeve from top (arm cap seam) to the end and post it. Does HSN have a chart like  QVC's click here (which I find hard to understand)? I have been thinking of gambling on this item as I haven't had a sweater coat in ages but I do not want too long and even if sleeves cuff I find that akward at times.

Trusted Contributor

My purple sweater coat is still in transit.  I have been following it.  First, UPS missorted it and sent it to Charleston.  Then, because of the weather, it was stuck there.  Now, it is in Spartanburg.  I hope UPS doesn't hand it off to the USPS.  That will mean two or three more days until I receive it.  If UPS keeps it, I'll have it tomorrow.

I also ordered the coat in green.  It was on extended delivery but is now in process.  I was hoping that I would receive the purple one before the green was processed in case the purple did not fit.  That way, I could cancel the green coat.

Looking forward to receiving them!

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

findingmyjoy, the gray with white threads sound really strange. Sorry it did not bring you joy. I know when I finally recieve an item I am so hoping as I open it that I do not have to return it and what a disappointment it is when I do.

I wonder if anyone that owns this item could measure the front from shoulder seam to hem and the length of sleeve from top (arm cap seam) to the end and post it. Does HSN have a chart like  QVC's click here (which I find hard to understand)? I have been thinking of gambling on this item as I haven't had a sweater coat in ages but I do not want too long and even if sleeves cuff I find that akward at times.

@okaywitheasypay

Yes, HSN does have a size chart.  To the right of the photo, you will see Get Size Advice:  Add Measurements or View Size Chart.  Click on View Size Chart.  After that, you have three options.  1. HSN Size Chart (which will be open), 2. Garment Measurement, and 3. My Measurements.  Click on Garment Measurement.

When I receive my sweater coat, I will measure what you are looking for and post it on this thread and send you a notification.  Smiley Happy

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

I was really looking forward to getting the 2 sweaters I purchased. It was first purchase from Antthony's line. I opened the box to find that the pretty grey sweater has tons of random bright white strings poking out. It's as if a couple threads used weren't dyed the grey so they pop out white in sections. If you just glance at it, it looks like there are a bunch of white balled up areas. Really disappointed. It's going back. I also got the purple which is a gorgeous color. But after trying on both, the style just doesn't look good on me at all. The big collar flap things make me look huge. Both will be returned. However, the weight of the sweater was very nice and I could see myself checking out next year's version if it's a different style.

Oh, bummer!  I am concerned about the collar.  If the coat fits, I plan on wearing the collar draped and not open across my chest.  Gigantic wide collars have never been my favorite look on me.

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dosey wrote:

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

@okaywitheasypay

Yes, HSN does have a size chart.  To the right of the photo, you will see Get Size Advice:  Add Measurements or View Size Chart.  Click on View Size Chart.  After that, you have three options.  1. HSN Size Chart (which will be open), 2. Garment Measurement, and 3. My Measurements.  Click on Garment Measurement.

When I receive my sweater coat, I will measure what you are looking for and post it on this thread and send you a notification.  Smiley Happy

@okaywitheasypay

I just received the purple coat.  It is very pretty, but the sleeves are way, way, way too short for me.

Here are the measurements that you wanted taken.  This is from an XS.

1.  From the shoulder seam to the hem:  33 1/2 "  (I put the measuring tape in the middle of the shoulder seam, halfway between the arm seam and the neckline seam.  Measuring from the arm seam to the hem was 33".  Measuring from the neckline seam to the hem was 32 1/2".)  33 1/2" matches the measurement on HSN's website.

2.  From the arm seam to the end of the sleeve:  21 1/2"  (Just to clarify, I measured from the seam at the end of the shoulder/top of the arm to the end of the sleeve.)  On HSN's website, the sleeve length is stated at 29 1/2".  I don't know how they got that number.  Even when I add the length from where the collar is attached to the coat across to the seam at the end of the shoulder, that only adds 4".

Both measurements were taken with the coat laying flat, so I feel they are very accurate.  HTH!  Smiley Happy

Paws and enjoy life.
Respected Contributor

dosey TY! The short sleeves sound great to me a woman with short arms. I hope you can work it out to your liking though.

I jumped in and ordered the wine yesterday (color not drink--although that sounds good too Smiley Happy ) I found the 2 size charts and hope I got it right! I went by a review from a customer that was the same weight and height as I am  and ordered a small. I so appreciate when reviewers post their height /weight / and measurements .I always try to remember to also.

Many said that their regular size swamped them. so I went down a size. I hope it works. I haven't had a sweater coat in ages. I am looking forward to it. OK crosses her fingers and knocks on wood!