Respected Contributor

Re: Antthony Long Button Front Sweater TS Tomorrow

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

i was tempted by the French Blue but  Acrylic is the deal breaker.

for a few dollars more i just got a cashmere sweater at Marshalls, in a deep Merlot shade

Your Marshalls buy sounds nice  I might have to take a trip today and check out what is locally available on the racks. 

Tjmaxx dot tjx dot com has a bunch of the same casmere styles Marshall's had

mine looks like style #:1000055178 available in gray or mallard

(don't want this to get poofed)

Esteemed Contributor

$50 for a longer basic cardigan? People were complaining about the cost of the Halton duster cardigan the other day- that was $59. It offered so much more style and 'oomph' for the money! I'd rather spend $59 (which I did!) than $50 for something I could find at Burlington Coat Factory for half the price. And I have!! I love BCF's selection of knits.

Respected Contributor

I have a closet full of these long sweaters I've purchased at clearance prices over the years.  I don't think i can possibly wear them out during my lifetime.  LOL  This one is nice, but don't really care for that pointed collar. 

Respected Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

I have a closet full of these long sweaters I've purchased at clearance prices over the years.  I don't think i can possibly wear them out during my lifetime.  LOL  This one is nice, but don't really care for that pointed collar. 

I have a lot of long sweater coats too.  Some were purchased 15 years ago from QVC.

I love watching Antthony but I do not have a lot of luck with my purchases from his line.  Most knits have pilled and prints were poorly matched.

Unless there is a color you simply must have, you'll be able to purchase this sweater for under $30 before the really cold weather sets in.

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

$50 for a longer basic cardigan? People were complaining about the cost of the Halton duster cardigan the other day- that was $59. It offered so much more style and 'oomph' for the money! I'd rather spend $59 (which I did!) than $50 for something I could find at Burlington Coat Factory for half the price. And I have!! I love BCF's selection of knits.

I didn't buy either but I don't get how you think the Halston sweater had more style or oomph.  It was a very basic long cardigan with basic buttons.  The only mild style detail was the slightly longer back.      

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

I didn't buy either but I don't get how you think the Halston sweater had more style or oomph.  It was a very basic long cardigan with basic buttons.  The only mild style detail was the slightly longer back.      

The Halston cardigan is stylish through it's simplicity an d clean lines - if that makes sense! Less is more works so much better sometimes.

Honored Contributor

I love the style of Antthony's.  Will post review when I receive it.  It is in packaging now.  I have been happy wilt all his pieces.  I my be biased though I love Antthony.  The pieces I have received are very good quality.  We all have our favorites.  I am sure you will enjoy your Halston pieceSmiley Happy Ibb38.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine 919

Yes, please post a review of the Antthony sweater coat as soon as you get it.  That way I can eat my heart out that I didn't order the beautiful cranberry.  I'd love to know what you think!

Esteemed Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@sunshine 919

Yes, please post a review of the Antthony sweater coat as soon as you get it.  That way I can eat my heart out that I didn't order the beautiful cranberry.  I'd love to know what you think!

Oh, @islandgrrl, I did!!! I'm just in love with that color STILL!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Super Contributor

I got my sweater coat from Antthony last Friday in the purple and it is gorgeous.Now I am impatiently waiting Woman Winkfor ,my wine that is on extended delivery to get here.

Several at HSN board posted that they went down a size but I did like I did last yr and went up a size,just in case I put a thick sweater under it.But I think I could have also worn my normal size.

I hope each of you that ordered it enjoys wearing it like I do.Smiley Very Happy