Respected Contributor

Re: Antthony Long Button Front Sweater TS Tomorrow

i was tempted by the French Blue but  Acrylic is the deal breaker.

for a few dollars more i just got a cashmere sweater at Marshalls, in a deep Merlot shade

Respected Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

i was tempted by the French Blue but  Acrylic is the deal breaker.

for a few dollars more i just got a cashmere sweater at Marshalls, in a deep Merlot shade

Your Marshalls buy sounds nice  I might have to take a trip today and check out what is locally available on the racks. 

Honored Contributor

I bought the purple.  I was not looking to purchase a sweater but this one is so cute.  I like that it is not heavy or bulky.  It looked nice on all the models.  So I got the purple.  I knew if I waited they would be goneSmiley Happy  Hope everyone enjoys their purchases.

Honored Contributor

I love the TS sweater, but doesnt acrylic pill??

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I love the TS sweater, but doesnt acrylic pill??

YES.

Honored Contributor

Not all acrylic pills all over.  I've had some 100% acrylic items that have been fantastic and some that has been horrible.  Years ago I bought a pair of 100% acrylic pants from DKNY and I wore those things to do and they never pilled.  I wore them once a week and washed them weekly.  I had them for at least 4 or 5 years and only donated them when I lost weight and they were too big.

Almost any type of sweater is going to pill where there is friction like under the arms, where a seatbelt rubs, etc.  A simple fabric shaver takes care of that.

Junky acrylic will be a ball of pills.  I bought a pair of Nina Leonard 100% acrylic pants from QVC and the first time I washed them they were totally pilled from the waist to the hem.  I would have spent an hour trying to get all those pills off.     

Esteemed Contributor

The Antthony TS sweater I bought last year, very similar to this one, has held up very well, no pills. Doesn't mean this new one won't, though, he could be using a different acrylic. For some, everything they own seems to pill, but I usually don't ever have to deal with pilling on my clothes. Who knows why.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

It's cute, but acrylic scares me. LOL. I'm more concerned with the texture. Is it soft or scratchy (as acrylic tends to be)?

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Antthony's sweater coat is so cute!  Great shape and texture without being too thick and heavy.  I bought the purple and green.  I was going to buy the purple coat along with the top, hat, and scarf but decided that I did not care for the top.  Also, I probably would not wear the beret.  Instead, I bought another coat in green.  100% acrylic made me hesitate, but I will give this one a chance.  The length is perfect for me.  I'll wear the coats with pants, jeans, and knee length skirts.  Hopefully, they will fit.  Some of the models had their sleeves pushed up.  That might mean that the sleeves only go to the wristbone and won't fit my long arms.  We'll see.

Paws and enjoy life.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I really really like this but I'm passing. 

At 8:00 this morning they said the wine was nearly gone.  Only available in 2 sizes.

@Lipstickdiva I thought I heard Bobbi Ray say last night that they only brought in 2,000 of the wine.  That seemed odd to me since it is the 'color of the year'.  I am relieved that HSN made my decision for me by selling out the wine. I have a long cotton sweater in this exact color so it should have been an easy pass for me but I adore the collar and the varied stitching makes it interesting.  Oh well, I am going to focus on Isaac's upcoming TSV in bordeaux.