QVC Customer Care

Re: Anthropomorphization of clothing

Honored Contributor

Doesn't bother me at all. There are way more important issues for me to worry about that someone assigning a gender to a handbag.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Doesn't bother me at all. There are way more important issues for me to worry about that someone assigning a gender to a handbag.

The way someone refers to their garments ain't got jack to do with what I'm going buy.  LOL.  Yes indeed more important things to "shudder" over @ChynnaBlue.

*Call Tyrone*
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Years ago DH had a boat which was a "she" so he named it The Miss Libby

Not on my watch, I called it The Da** Boat.... and that name stuck.  Our little boys loved to talk about it since they didn't get reprimanded for swearing!

Even DH came to agree with me.

Honored Contributor

If we spoke a Romance language, everything would be either a he or she.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I'm sure we all have many "more important things" to worry about, but that is the fun of these forums. I don't want to focus all the time on the very "important" things.

Its like why read a book? or watch tv? or do anything else?

I'm sure those who think this isn't important enough to think about it (and maybe make those who do feel it is, shallow or something) have posted about many things that aren't all that important either.

I like Hopi's comment-she said how she feels without making any one else feel less than for having an opinion different than hers!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I heard Issac speak about this about a year ago.  Yawn!!!  Whatever!!!

Let's put this energy into punctuation!

Contributor

@on the bay Thanks for your comments.  Nice to read an opinion that is respectfully stated.  I was sincerely wondering if anyone else was bothered by the phenomenon and greatly appreciate respectful opinions, even those that disagree with mine.  I've read a number of your comments and like how you express yourself.

Honored Contributor

@JaneyD

Thank you!

and me tooSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@JaneyD wrote:

Does anyone else out there find it disconcerting when folks refer to an item of clothing or something like a handbag as "she"?  Makes me shudder.  Also makes me want to shop less.  It just feels really unhealthy to me to be referring to THINGS as "she."  I just can't find it at all cute.

I also find it weird..........not entertaining or cute at all....