Esteemed Contributor

Another fashion magazine goes bust

Another fashion magazine goes bust. I used to buy Vogue Patterns magazine (which was owned by McCall Patterns) on the newsstand (it came out every 2 months) and I wondered why I didn't see the new issue. The magazine has folded and the last issue was the February/March 2019 issue. 

I liked it even though I didn't really sew much as I could see current fashions without all the other junk that I wasn't interested in. I notice that there's a lot less magazines at the stores now and there's a lot of filler magazines like bookazines devoted to one random but popular topic now.

Honored Contributor

Re: Another fashion magazine goes bust

@TY wrote:

Another fashion magazine goes bust. I used to buy Vogue Patterns magazine (which was owned by McCall Patterns) on the newsstand (it came out every 2 months) and I wondered why I didn't see the new issue. The magazine has folded and the last issue was the February/March 2019 issue. 

I liked it even though I didn't really sew much as I could see current fashions without all the other junk that I wasn't interested in. I notice that there's a lot less magazines at the stores now and there's a lot of filler magazines like bookazines devoted to one random but popular topic now.

@TY   So, is it Vogue or McCall's that has gone belly-up, sotospeak.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday 

It's Vogue Patterns print magazine that's been discontinued. The Vogue Patterns magazine is a separate corporate entity from Vogue magazine or Conde Nast.

Vogue Patterns still exists, it was bought out by McCalls Patterns several years ago.

https://voguepatterns.mccall.com/vogue-patterns-magazine-februarymarch-2019

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i have never heard of it, but then i am not one who can sew.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@TY 

Even though I sewed my clothing for many years, I cannot say I ever bought this magazine.  However, I did use Vogue patterns now and then.

They were always a bit more challenging than the regular patterns, but well-worth the trouble.  I can remember teaching myself to make bound buttonholes using their patterns.

Going to the store and searching the books for just the right pattern, then, selecting the fabric.

Like so many things, changed or gone.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh! I never knew there was a Vogue Pattern magazine! I never made anything from a Vogue pattern. They all seemed so tailored, and I'm just (still) an intermediate novice seamstress.

Honored Contributor

I was getting INSTYLE. For years.... then I realized that 95% of the magazine was huge ads....little content.....never bought another fashion magazine again.

Honored Contributor

I’ve been getting Vogue patterns via email for a couple of years. I still get Vogue knitting, but they’ve been promoting the digital mag. It wouldn’t surprise me to see the mag go bye-bye.
Honored Contributor

Our ladies' arts are dying because so many of us want to be "men."  I want to be a woman.  I wish my vision was still good enough to sew.  I have purchased many Vogue patterns, which I tried to sew but my mother finished.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

Our ladies' arts are dying because so many of us want to be "men."  I want to be a woman.  I wish my vision was still good enough to sew.  I have purchased many Vogue patterns, which I tried to sew but my mother finished.  LOL

i find that to be a strange comment,......

i NEVER liked to sew and i never wanted to be a man.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein