Esteemed Contributor

Although I have a number of Logo pieces, I didn't watch any of the shows yesterday, better things to do. And there is a misconception about Logo, two actually. I hardly ever layer with even one extra piece, and have NEVER had a problem with the durability of the fabric. People are just looking for something to complain about, or they don't know how to wash clothes.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

I do have a few of Lori clothing items which I like and I could wear with other items. I have in my closet. I do not layer like Lori does. I did not like what was being shown yesterday the open cardigian with that ruffle or whatever it was. I changed the channel I am not a slave to QVC either, and for the most part I do not order or watch that much anymore. I find it boring. I order online.

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

Although I have a number of Logo pieces, I didn't watch any of the shows yesterday, better things to do. And there is a misconception about Logo, two actually. I hardly ever layer with even one extra piece, and have NEVER had a problem with the durability of the fabric. People are just looking for something to complain about, or they don't know how to wash clothes.

Ditto for me to this post.

FYI folks, few of us ladies in the LOGO forum who own lots of LOGO do layer, except for something underneath the jackets/hoodies of course.   We individualize clothes to our own styles, and also have our own imaginations to use on how to wear them.  I don't know of any of us regular LOGO posters who dress in the same style Lori does.  We are individuals and just like the garments themselves.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch any QVC live.  Sometimes I check in while I am scanning channels for something else.  As far as Logo, the Q has that brand featured on Zulily as well.  They have a connection.  But at least Zulily's prices are much much better.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

I don't  watch or purchase Logo because it isn't my style of clothes but I also don't watch much of anything else on QVC either.  Logo fans enjoy having a chance to shop for their favorite fashions and good for them.  I'll be happily watching Christmas in July when others are complaining about it, so see, this is how it works.  It isn't always about me.  Woman LOL

I love this thought on this thread,  @lucymo

Well said.  Not only is it not all about them, it's all about them begrudging someone else their pleasure just because they don't like it.  What kind of person is that?  (Answer: a selfish spoiler)   Thank you for your post..

Enjoy your day, @Pearlee, weekends are a chance to unwind and do fun things. 

Honored Contributor

I Love Lori's clothes myself.  You cannot go to any store, or shop online without seeing that style, especially in tops.  Designers have been doing the asemetrical, shark bite, roomy tunic type tops for about 6-7 years.  Not just Lori. So it is not like the style is a oner to QVC.  I can wear some of the styles, some not.  I am 5 ft 3in, so many of the styles I cannot wear.  Tops everywhere seem long...maybe they assume eeryone wears leggings or skinny jeans all the time. 

However, I like t look at her styles, she is creative.  I am sure for those who want more conservative, classic styles there are many brands to choose from either at QVC or any store online. 

I do have a complaint.  I have a 95 year old Mom who is very classic, and a very stylish dresser.  She has an arm load of money to spend on clothes, but we can't find any.  She  like quality and clothing without wild . bold prints.  Try finding well made, classic slacks that have a waist.!  Most are dropped waists! Many of the styles and brands are disposable, trendy styles that last a season. Try finding 3/4 sleeve blouses or tops that are solid color, slightly fitted, and hit no longer than the high hip of a 5ft 2in woman!  I have scoured Talbots, Neimans, Nordstroms, LLBean, Macys, Orvis, and such!  I had luck with Macys with solid turtle neck sweaters in teals, deep crimson, and Navy, Beige.  But it will be warm soon.  What I am saying, is clothing in classic, simple lines that is stylish and well made is hard to find.  Most clothing today is printed designs, tunic length and made for the under 45 crowd.  LOL!  I better pack away clothes for when I am really old, so I have what I like!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Another day of LOGO

[ Edited ]

@shoekitty wrote:

I Love Lori's clothes myself.  You cannot go to any store, or shop online without seeing that style, especially in tops.  Designers have been doing the asemetrical, shark bite, roomy tunic type tops for about 6-7 years.  Not just Lori. So it is not like the style is a oner to QVC.  I can wear some of the styles, some not.  I am 5 ft 3in, so many of the styles I cannot wear.  Tops everywhere seem long...maybe they assume eeryone wears leggings or skinny jeans all the time. 

However, I like t look at her styles, she is creative.  I am sure for those who want more conservative, classic styles there are many brands to choose from either at QVC or any store online. 

I do have a complaint.  I have a 95 year old Mom who is very classic, and a very stylish dresser.  She has an arm load of money to spend on clothes, but we can't find any.  She  like quality and clothing without wild . bold prints.  Try finding well made, classic slacks that have a waist.!  Most are dropped waists! Many of the styles and brands are disposable, trendy styles that last a season. Try finding 3/4 sleeve blouses or tops that are solid color, slightly fitted, and hit no longer than the high hip of a 5ft 2in woman!  I have scoured Talbots, Neimans, Nordstroms, LLBean, Macys, Orvis, and such!  I had luck with Macys with solid turtle neck sweaters in teals, deep crimson, and Navy, Beige.  But it will be warm soon.  What I am saying, is clothing in classic, simple lines that is stylish and well made is hard to find.  Most clothing today is printed designs, tunic length and made for the under 45 crowd.  LOL!  I better pack away clothes for when I am really old, so I have what I like!!

@shoekitty  For the blouses your mom needs, try the brand Foxcroft.  Many solids, many as you otherwise described she needs.   They are at department stores in better sportswear departments.

Frequent Contributor

That long duster was not for me.  I am barely 5'. It wasn't even appealing on the taller ladies.  Just my opinion.

Contributor
Try the Tog Shop catalog. Bought my 99 yr old Mom all sorts of tees, mock turtles, sweaters, and slacks. She loved them and looked just so classy and darling.