Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another Soft Surroundings find

@Snicks1 ...Yes, I went with my regular size and the fit is perfect....I didn't get the Tee or the Topper yet....They weren't in the store....I went online again tonight and happened to see them there and really liked them but I haven't ordered yet.

Thanks for posting that beautiful blouse...It is very versatile and a great addition to my wardrobe.

@VaBelle35 ...I was just curious...Did you find that you had to iron your blouse after washing?

I have several settings on my dryer, so I was able to dry it just partially on "eco-warm" and "delicate cycle" for only about 10 minutes...then I hung it to dry thoroughly....It came out looking just as it did in the store.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Snicks1 ...Yes, I went with my regular size and the fit is perfect....I didn't get the Tee or the Topper yet....They weren't in the store....I went online again tonight and happened to see them there and really liked them but I haven't ordered yet.

Thanks for posting that beautiful blouse...It is very versatile and a great addition to my wardrobe.

@VaBelle35 ...I was just curious...Did you find that you had to iron your blouse after washing?

I have several settings on my dryer, so I was able to dry it just partially on "eco-warm" and "delicate cycle" for only about 10 minutes...then I hung it to dry thoroughly....It came out looking just as it did in the store.

@MyShadowLove   Yes, I ironed mine after I washed it.  I didn't put it in the dryer, I line dried mine.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @lulu1   Handsome and I are doing very well, thank you for asking.  Hope you are well, too.

Thanks to you and @Snicks1 for the kind words.  I've been thinking of doing another closet thread, but I'm not sure I can keep up with it (I'm not wasting...I mean...spending as much time online as I have in the past).  But, I've been wanting to take pics of the different ways I'm wearing my drastically pared down wardrobe (so I can remember how I put an outfit together hahaha), so you might just see a thread, who knows.

BTW, I'm going back to SS tomorrow to return the white embroidered topper...it's a little too boho for my liking...and will probably check out the Work of Art top.  And the beat goes on!  Smiley Wink

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Valued Contributor

Yes shipping is really high. I stopped ordering from them because the last item I had to return cost me shipping coming and going. It was around 12.00 each time for one item if I remember corectly. So 24.00 for a return.

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Also, many times the colors in the catalog do not even come close to what it looks like in person.

They have a yellow-ish trench coat in the catalog that in person is more green/kakhi/brown.  It's so ugly in person and the material is so wrinkly, like a linen blend, that if I had kept it, it would have taken me hours to iron it.

@VaBelle35 

Boy is that annoying! I just had that happen with a shirt I ordered from Nordstrom. Fortunately I liked the color I got it just was nothing like the picture!

Respected Contributor

The item from SS I wear and get the most "where did you get that?" (and it's at least 3 years old and STILL in their catalog!) is the Seychelles Tunic. So darn pretty! Must be a great seller to last that long in their catalog.

Image result for soft surroundings seychelles tunic

Honored Contributor

@silkyk, that is very pretty. Glad you are enjoying your purchase. It's great when an item is still getting compliments year after year!
"To each their own, in all things".
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It is so pretty, they have such gorgeous things, but their shipping is very high, and their prices are also high. But they do have gorgeous things. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF wrote:

Hi @lulu1   Handsome and I are doing very well, thank you for asking.  Hope you are well, too.

Thanks to you and @Snicks1 for the kind words.  I've been thinking of doing another closet thread, but I'm not sure I can keep up with it (I'm not wasting...I mean...spending as much time online as I have in the past).  But, I've been wanting to take pics of the different ways I'm wearing my drastically pared down wardrobe (so I can remember how I put an outfit together hahaha), so you might just see a thread, who knows.

BTW, I'm going back to SS tomorrow to return the white embroidered topper...it's a little too boho for my liking...and will probably check out the Work of Art top.  And the beat goes on!  Smiley Wink

@MacDUFF 

You know many of us would love to have another closet thread.  Please do consider coming back on a REGULAR basis.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@silkyk wrote:
The item from SS I wear and get the most "where did you get that?" (and it's at least 3 years old and STILL in their catalog!) is the Seychelles Tunic. So darn pretty! Must be a great seller to last that long in their catalog.

Image result for soft surroundings seychelles tunic

@silkyk ...That is adorable...I just went to their website to check it out and it is only $69.95 which I think is a reasonable price....I can see using it as a lounging dress after a shower on a hot Summer day or when at the beach...Is it like a light cotton gauze material?...I was just curious if it is see-thru at all?

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~