Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another Soft Surroundings find

Thanks so much @VaBelle35 ...very much appreciated!...I'm heading to the store on Saturday! Woman Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

I'm going tomorrow, so I'll meet you back here on Sunday to compare notes ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove and @VaBelle35, I can't wait to hear your reviews.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Snicks1 

Long time!  Hope you are well.

I popped in to let you know that, before a SS store came to Charlotte, I used to call a store and place an order with no S&H.  Assuming that is still the policy, call the King of Prussia store (that's the one I used to call) at 484-690-9737 and see if that works.  (I assume you have to pay for return shipping...can't remember.)

I've had mixed success at SS.  Most items have been misses, but the hits have been spectacular.

I was at SS just yesterday and purchased these items (both drastically reduced in store...don't have a clue why they still show full price online).  The maxi is a size large; the topper is size small.  If I had purchased the topper online using their size chart, I would have started with large, then a medium, and finally would have hit the right size at small!

It's very nice that I can now shop in store!

BTW, the blouse is beautiful and might be worth a shot!  Take good care, snicks.

Hello to all.  Image result for waving emoticon gif

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Trusted Contributor

In CA and went to my first SS store -- have been getting the catalogs for years, but reluctant to order due to prices and uncertainty about sizing.  Fun to look, feel, and try on items.  As I mentioned in another thread, I found some shorts that fit my apple waist and thinner legs!!!  Worth the price.

Tried on some VERY cute floral leggings, but they were too wide in the thighs for me.  Prob great for pear shapes.  Sigh for me. 😄

Not  sure I would have tried any of these items online, having to pay shipping.

The staff were very nice (Palm Desert, CA).  I was afraid they would be uber snooty, as there are many high-end shops here.

Honored Contributor

My store has all 40+ and some 60+ staff in all shapes and sizes.  It is very welcoming.

Lovely fitting rooms and bottled water for you.

The stores don't get a say in what products they receive, so they love to see my returns and see what things look like in person.

I order a lot, so it feels like I have a lot of returns, but I definitely keep more than I return.  And if I love something, I order it in several colors (and usually 2 in white and black).

I'm 5'4" and so some things are incredibly long on me and it's hard to tell in the photo.  That's the majore reason for my returns.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF 

I hope you and Handsome are well.

I miss your informative and humorous posts.  Come back, come back, wherever you are. (please)

I agree about SS.  The sizing (as well as the quality) is all over the place.

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF, and everyone, thanks for so much good information. I appreciate it all. And I agree with @lulu1, I miss seeing @MacDUFF on the boards.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

Beautiful.  We are getting a Soft Surroundings store in our mall.  I can’t wait! 

@GSPgirl   Yay! We are, too. The sign went up the other day. That’s great since their shipping is rather high.

Honored Contributor

pretty top, but the 100% cotton makes it a no for me.

soft surroundings does have high shipping, but we are lucky to have a few stores in our general area. their quality is quite good.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein