Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another Cold Shoulder???? ENOUGH!

I can't imagine wearing a cold shoulder top in late fall or winter, but in warmer areas of the country they'd be fine. I personally don't care for them, but to each her own. Women who like them will wear them, and women who don't like them won't buy them. I'm sure there are a lot of fashions that I like and will buy, but some women probably think they're awful. So be it! Fashion designers have obviously hit on a segment of the population that loves the cold shoulder tops.

Occasional Contributor

I am happey with the cold shouler  I an an XL and hate my upper arms so exposing the shoulder and or clavicle works for me. What works for me may not work for others. There are a couple of designers on the Q that have clothes that don't do it for me, clothes that have no shape to them or sleevless so I just stick with what looks good on me.

Respected Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

@Tadaki wrote:

Whenever I see it on QVC, my first thought is that somebody made a mistake.  I have never seen one in real life.  I do know someone who posts photos on FB and she often wears a cold shoulder.  She recently posted photos in regular sleeves and looked so good.  It just always looks to me like something is missing.  

LOL I know it's like a Bigfoot sighting.  I've never seen one.

You must not shop much or pay attention to fashion. They are everywhere.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Super Contributor

I think one of the ugliest and craziest ideas for tops is definitely the cold shoulder top.  Does not look flattering on anybody.  Time to stop this nonsense.

Contributor

I don't like them

Respected Contributor

Old thread.

Trusted Contributor

I never liked them but I do loved off-the -shoulder tops.  Something about the cold shoulder looks cheap to me.  Once QVC finds something that sells, they keep the trend going for years.

Trusted Contributor

Come on, we are not talking about a person, were are sharing our views on a fashion trend.  If you like cold should then more power to you, enjoy.  We are doing nothing wrong by sharig our views on a style.  That is what fashion is all about.  I LOVE off-the-shoulder tops and dresses. If you hate them, then fine.  I'm not going to get upset if you tell me how much you don't like them.

Honored Contributor

Maybe it's "New for a change!".

Respected Contributor

"You guys!"   LOL! 

OK, picture this!  I have narrow shoulders, so instead of having  cold shoulders, I have cold upper arms!  It's not a good look.  I do not loooooove it!