Honored Contributor

Re: Another Cold Shoulder???? ENOUGH!

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

I agree I hate this look. Think about when this trend ends the amount of trash this will add to our landfills. It disgusts me.

@Squirrel Lover

Ah yes, the cold shoulder-landfill dilema...I thnk I heard something about that on NPR?

apparently it's reached catastrophic levels in the Far East........

Isn't Congress voting on legislation that would make it illegal to sell cold shoulder tops? Where did I hear that? Was it Fox News?

Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

It is a recurring fad. They have been around for decades. This current iteration will run its course....but the style will pop up again down the road....

To each her own....I don't like them simply because to me they give a distorted line and are visually unappealing. They have a disjointed, chopped-up look that is unflattering, imo.

But others love them.

So for those who want to wear them I say enjoy the current fad. For those of us who do not like the look, there are lots of other choices!!Woman Wink 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just went to Q2 and here is SG and SS both in printed long sleeve cold shoulder shirts.  It is bad enough to get a double dose of "cold shoulder" but to have it on the marathon talker, then SS with her strident voice was just too much!  Couldn't leave the channel fast enough. Have never seen anyone wear it in DC suburbs, yet it is all over the QVC, HSN, magazines, etc. I have yet to see any kind of "cold shoulder" anything, tops, cable sweaters with bell sleeves, lace dresses or whatever look feminine or appealing, they all are sloppy and unfinished to me, and as another poster said, something appears missing. Reminds me of what the girls under the street light would wear!

Respected Contributor

The hyperbole around a simple article of clothing is cracking me up. "It disgusts me". Looks like a streetwalker. 

It's a blouse women! A simple piece of cloth. Wear it or don't. Your choice will not upset the earth's axis.  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

I tried one on once and didn't like it on myself at all.  But...I see them everywhere on all body types, and I almost always think they look really nice.  Go figure.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@magicmoodz, you look mahvelous dahling. 

I love posters who use the "I don't see anyone wearing them around here" line as if that is a testament to how awful they are and people don't wear them. 

I'd like to know where they get out to because I cannot walk into anywhere from drugstore to boutique store to a restaurante, bar, office, bank, etc. and not see at least one person wearing this type of top.      

@Lipstickdiva

Comments like that remind me of one of our dear posters who surveyed 22 men with thre results being NONE of them liked cold shoulder tops.😉

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

I agree I hate this look. Think about when this trend ends the amount of trash this will add to our landfills. It disgusts me.

@Squirrel Lover

Ah yes, the cold shoulder-landfill dilema...I thnk I heard something about that on NPR?

apparently it's reached catastrophic levels in the Far East........

Isn't Congress voting on legislation that would make it illegal to sell cold shoulder tops? Where did I hear that? Was it Fox News?

Woman Wink

I'm pretty sure I heard that all these cold-shoulder tops in the landfills is also the cause of our very active hurricane season this year.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ScarletDove wrote:

Just went to Q2 and here is SG and SS both in printed long sleeve cold shoulder shirts.  It is bad enough to get a double dose of "cold shoulder" but to have it on the marathon talker, then SS with her strident voice was just too much!  Couldn't leave the channel fast enough. Have never seen anyone wear it in DC suburbs, yet it is all over the QVC, HSN, magazines, etc. I have yet to see any kind of "cold shoulder" anything, tops, cable sweaters with bell sleeves, lace dresses or whatever look feminine or appealing, they all are sloppy and unfinished to me, and as another poster said, something appears missing. Reminds me of what the girls under the street light would wear!

Well come look me up sister.  Woman WinkWoman Wink

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@magicmoodz, you look mahvelous dahling. 

I love posters who use the "I don't see anyone wearing them around here" line as if that is a testament to how awful they are and people don't wear them. 

I'd like to know where they get out to because I cannot walk into anywhere from drugstore to boutique store to a restaurante, bar, office, bank, etc. and not see at least one person wearing this type of top.      

@Lipstickdiva

Comments like that remind me of one of our dear posters who surveyed 22 men with thre results being NONE of them liked cold shoulder tops.😉

That highly scientific poll was one for the records wasn't it?  LOL

Honored Contributor

I give my old clothes to those in need, lets hope it never ends up in a landfill

@Magny wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Wow this is just a little harsh, its a blouse not toxic waste.

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

Maybe not toxic waste, but polyester stays in the landfill for 300 years, along with all the plastic bags.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.