Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another Cold Shoulder???? ENOUGH!

@Razzy 7 wrote:

I'm with you, savories. I don't know what the appeal is. I also think these will be "in style" for a very short period of time.

I certainly hope so!

Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

If you don't like it don't wear it, I hate wool sweaters, yet I do not start posts no more wool.

I happen to love cold shoulder, I will not wear sleeveless, but I do have great shoulders so I wear them

I thought the whole point of a cold shoulder was everyone could wear them because everyone has great shoulders so the people selling them all say-

that was supposed to be the whole point of their "appeal"

universal

Honored Contributor

I don't care for them either but someone must be buying them or they would not keep showing them.  

Regular Contributor

When I look at  a cold shoulder top I always want to "pick up" the strap.  It looks like a strap has fallen down and it needs to be slipped back up on the shoulder.  I personally don't care for it but I'm sure there are things I like that others don't.

Respected Contributor

I saw this blouse presentation, and IMO, as if that style isn't bad enough, she put a vest over it and I finally had to turn away.  OMG.  What a horrible look.  Wow.  I agree with some others here about not seeing this cold shoulder look around here.  I like to see women speaking up about fashion.  I'm not buying this look and I have never purchased the uneven hemline style either.  Never will.  Carry on......... 

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz, you look mahvelous dahling. 

I love posters who use the "I don't see anyone wearing them around here" line as if that is a testament to how awful they are and people don't wear them. 

I'd like to know where they get out to because I cannot walk into anywhere from drugstore to boutique store to a restaurante, bar, office, bank, etc. and not see at least one person wearing this type of top.      

Honored Contributor

I have worn many cold shoulder tops with vests over the years.  In the mid '70's I used to cut out the shoulders on some tees and wore them with denim vests and many actually copied my look because they liked it so much.  I also have recently seen so many wearing them with vests that looked great.  The look (as is every style) not suited for all but I still find it so judgemental and just cannot understand that anyone would declare the look is so bad that they should not be sold to anyone!!!

Valued Contributor

Been seeing them everywhere, even the daughter of my deceased Friend was wearing one at the funeral.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not into wearing the cold shoulder look for myself, but it is fairly common in southern California where I live, and I think many of the women look nice.  Making blanket statements that EVERYONE looks nice, or EVERYONE looks terrible, is probably a bad idea.  There are always exceptions.

As for the the pronunciation of the word jewelry.  All I hear locally is the "incorrect" version of the word, so maybe it's not that incorrect after all...

Respected Contributor

Where do people live that they don't see cold shoulder tops?   They're literally everywhere...