Frequent Contributor

Another Cold Shoulder???? ENOUGH!

When is it going to end??

It is by far the most unflattering look I have ever seen. I was shopping a few days ago and saw many women, young, not so young, small, big, etc. and none of them looked nice in the cold shoulder. What is the appeal? I think it makes women look broader because your eye sees fabric, then bare shoulder, then fabric, it's too 'chopped up' visually.

And would someone at QVC please teach your staff that the word is

JEWELRY

not

JOOLUHRY

Very sad when so-called professionals cannot pronounce a simple word correctly!

Susan

Respected Contributor

Re: Another Cold Shoulder???? ENOUGH!

I won't wear them and I haven't seen one woman wearing them in the dc area yet.  

Trusted Contributor

I am not a fan either. My husband walked in and the SG show was on and he said "oh look ! Your favorite kind of top!" 🤣

Valued Contributor

I'm with you, savories. I don't know what the appeal is. I also think these will be "in style" for a very short period of time.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a fan of the cold shoulder either...figured they would disappear for the winter season fashions...but they are making them now as sweaters, etc............still think it would be too cold for the northern states in winter...but may sell more south.....

Trusted Contributor

Whenever I see it on QVC, my first thought is that somebody made a mistake.  I have never seen one in real life.  I do know someone who posts photos on FB and she often wears a cold shoulder.  She recently posted photos in regular sleeves and looked so good.  It just always looks to me like something is missing.  

Honored Contributor

I tried one of Simonton's a few years ago ... didn't like it.  Felt odd under a jacket and you could see the outline of the cutout through a sweater.

I removed the sleeves entirely and made it sleeveless ... looks fine.

Trusted Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

Whenever I see it on QVC, my first thought is that somebody made a mistake.  I have never seen one in real life.  I do know someone who posts photos on FB and she often wears a cold shoulder.  She recently posted photos in regular sleeves and looked so good.  It just always looks to me like something is missing.  

LOL I know it's like a Bigfoot sighting.  I've never seen one.

Honored Contributor

I think the bottom line is that this style is not flattering on most people. Fashion is supposed to make you look good, at least that 's what I thought.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I tried one of Simonton's a few years ago ... didn't like it.  Felt odd under a jacket and you could see the outline of the cutout through a sweater.

I removed the sleeves entirely and made it sleeveless ... looks fine.

Why would you wear a jacket or sweater over it?  That defeats the purpose of the garment.