Honored Contributor

Re: Ann Taylor's Madras Plaid

Oh, Nice!!!!

Both of them!   Thank you!!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

Love the style of the outfit but the colors of the plaid are too cool for me as a warmed toned person.  But for a cool toned person it would look great.  

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach 

The plaid is really pretty and looks like traditional Madras but I don't know if the fabric is because it doesn't come up when I do a search for it. Do you have the item number?

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo 

It's A349225

I own it. It doesn't bleed, though. 

It's not listed as Madras, but so many things are that may just be "in the style of." So who knows for sure?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I just received a madras kind of top from QVC in those bright colors.  I forget who made it.  Maybe Joan Rivers.

Honored Contributor

I am not that fond of plaids.  I wore plaid when I was younger but now I will not wear it.  I should say it would have to be really special for me to wear.  This from Ann Taylor is not it.  I also use to love Ann Taylor when I was in my late 20's.  Skirts, blouses, shoes.  I was a regular shopper.  I have not been in an Ann Taylor in 40 years.  I moved up to Ellen Tracy, Anne Klein, etc.  Now I am happy with my Walmart pull on jeans but I always buy nice tees and/or tops.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Andreatoo 

It's A349225

It's not listed as Madras, but so many things are that may just be "in the style of." So who knows for sure?

@GingerPeach 

It looks like a lot of vendors are just referring to the plaid. One of the supposedly madras pieces that Ann Taylor is selling is made of Lyacel and polyester?! LOL

The Joan Rivers is 100% cotton. Does it have texture similar to seersucker?

Honored Contributor

The dress looks lovely on the model and I do like the style and colors.

Honored Contributor

I like the material, but the style has an 80's vibe to it so it's a no go for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Andreatoo 

It's A349225

@GingerPeach 

It looks like a lot of vendors are just referring to the plaid. One of the supposedly madras pieces that Ann Taylor is selling is made of Lyacel and polyester?! LOL

The Joan Rivers is 100% cotton. Does it have texture similar to seersucker?

Hi @Andreatoo 

No, it isn't seersucker. It is, I don't want to say "rough," but it's not silky at all. If real Madras is supposed to have imperfections, this just may be the real deal. 

The texture looks like this, even though the plaid is not the same. I found this picture on the fabricofourlives DOT com site (types of cotton), under "madras," because the close-up of the texture looked the most like this Joan Rivers shirt.

ETA: Out of all the cotton fabric textures on the "types of cotton" page, the madras looked the closest to the Joan Rivers shirt fabric.

Close up of Madras Fabric

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.