Frequent Contributor

Ann Taylor Loft Marisa Fit pants?

I have never purchased a pair of pants from Ann Taylor Loft, but I found a really cute pair of slim striped crop pants in the Marise Fit, but I am stumped as to what size to order. I normally am a size 6, but the size chart online and the measurements of the pants are contradicting and I do not want them too tight across my hips. Does anybody have experience buying pants from ATL, or in this style? TIA.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Ann Taylor Loft Marisa Fit pants?

I wear these pants in a size 4. They fit me well at the waist and are full enough through the hips. Sometimes I wear a 6 in other brands because of my 38 1/2” hips, but then there’s always gapping at the waist. The 4 in this pant fits me perfectly. My waist is 28”, so I’m more of a pear shape. Hope this helps. 

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Frequent Contributor

@Love to RunOMG, thank you so much! That is incredibly helpful as I am the same measurement as you are, waist and hip! This could not have been more helpful! Smiley Wink 

Respected Contributor

I have so many colors of this pant!  I think they run true to size, but I do find some variation in fit from one pair to another, just FYI.  I'm 5'1" 123lb and the size 2P fits perfectly.  They do loosen up a smidge as the day wears on. I'm actually wearing them right now!

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@GrouchomarxThat is awesome! I so appreciate your input! Based on the replies I will go with the size 4 vs my normal B&M size 6. I just did not want to have to return them for a wrong fit. Smiley Frustrated

Super Contributor

@Gr8tfulsoul  The Marisa Fit is the equivalent of what they now call Modern Fit.  The Julie Fit is what they now call Curvy Fit.  It is much easier to remember Modern and Curvy!

Trusted Contributor

@Gr8tfulsoul 

@Gr8tfulsoul wrote:

@Love to RunOMG, thank you so much! That is incredibly helpful as I am the same measurement as you are, waist and hip! This could not have been more helpful! Smiley Wink 

So glad to hear. I know how hard it is to find something that really fits well😊

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson