Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @ROMARY .   You took the words right out of my mouth.  The ankle pants length is perfect for a shortie like me.    

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I love ankle pants, especially jeans.  They are cooler in summer and so easy to slip into boots in fall & winter.  I live in the mountains and beginning in November live in Uggs & snow boots through March.

Respected Contributor

I am tall and often wear ankle pants! Long pants just sit in the drawer. Good thing we have choices.

Respected Contributor

Love ankle pants -- frequently roll denim, khakis, etc. to make them shorter if they're not. I think they look better with most of my shoes/booties. I'm not very tall, but I wear ankle pants proportioned for petites, not regular ankle pants so they fit like long pants on me (defeats the purpose!).

Honored Contributor

@RetRN  Ankle pants are popular because they show off your shoes; however, they really need to include full length pants.  I miss full length pants too.  Once a designer gets on a roll, there is no stopping her/him.  The ankle pants just keep coming.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Except for palazzo-style pants, ankle pants are my favorite length of pants.  They show off fabulous shoes and can be worn all four seasons (especially with boots in the Fall and Winter). 

With jeans, I can turn up ankle lengths to make them more crop, to wear with my flat sandals, flip flops or sneakers. 

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I'm short and ankle pants on me look just plain stupid. To short for regular pants and to long for longer shorts. They look like I bought the wrong length. 

@Meowingkitty I am short, I wear them a lot and I look fine in them.  They look like ankle pants.

I don't know what the issue here is.  There are ankle pants and full length pants and you see lots of both kinds, and they are not hard to find--both kinds.

Wear what you like and don't worry about it.  Other people aren't worried about what you wear.