Honored Contributor

Are they going to be popular in the upcoming fall and winter seasons? I'm just wondering because I do not like them and was hoping the full length pants may be returning. TIA.

Esteemed Contributor

I  do not like ankle pants, either. I have long legs and they always look short on me.  I think that they are a designer favorite because it eliminates the petite, average and tall problem. Just my opinion.  

Honored Contributor

@RetRNI prefer ankle pants -  full length nearly always means I have to shorten them and petite often means the rise is uncomfortable.

Last time I shopped for clothes was February and that was local to Florida where full length was available in great quantity for those who wanted that.  

I suppose some specific pieces come only in one or the other, but I see no reason both shouldn't be available.  

Honored Contributor

I have never had an issue finding full length pants.  That's all I ever buy and bought quite a few pairs this year - from QVC and elsewhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't like ankle pants they way they are shown on QVC with high heels - I'm assuming to make their legs look longer and leaner (often without success).  I would never consider buying them.  Most have a few too many gimmicks (embroidery, fringe, uneven hems, etc.)

But - I have shortened a couple of pars of the D&Co. original waist pants to ankle length to wear with rain and snow boots.  

When it rains, the curb cuts and street corners almost always have rather deep puddles (or slush in the snow) that you have to slog through.  After messing up several pairs of pants (one of the hazards of city-living), I decded to just shorten a few pairs.  Looks pretty good with the boots.

Honored Contributor

I'm tall and ankle pants look like high waters on me.  I'd bet that petite ladies -  more so than tall - would favor ankle pants more.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal    Ankle pants are usually full length pants for me.  I wear a 26-27" inseam so even those 28" "petites" are too long.  However, I didn't know regular length had ever gone away as I see plenty of them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have no idea what’s trending for fall & winter. I prefer a full length pant though. I found & bought full length zip fly tailored straight leg pants last year at JCP & Stein Mart. 

A few of my pants are labeled ankle length, but they are long enough for me to wear with my flats even though I am not petite. I would never wear high heels with slim ankle pants like they show on the Q & HSN models. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm short and ankle pants on me look just plain stupid. To short for regular pants and to long for longer shorts. They look like I bought the wrong length. 

Respected Contributor

I don't like skin tight pants either.....yuk....like they're painted on. I need/like loose stuff. I don't think skin tight pants are attractive on anyone of any age....sort of sleazy imo. The models pull their pants way down on their lower hips I bet, so they look longer...then put a long top over to hide the actual rise location. Reminds me of those guys you'd see bend over and from the back their crack would show...ewwwwww

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Super Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Are they going to be popular in the upcoming fall and winter seasons? I'm just wondering because I do not like them and was hoping the full length pants may be returning. TIA.

That's a great question. I agree, I do not like them, either. I think that there should be ankle pants and other lengths offered, but it seems like some clothing lines at QVC are offering ankle pants at the exclusion of longer lengths. I think the reason is the same as why there are so many 3/4 length sleeves- because they think these can be worn by people of various heights without hemming...