Trusted Contributor

I am tall, 5'7", but cannot seem to warm up to ankle pants.   I have two pair of Isaac's 24/7 which I never wear.     If you wear them do you think I should try them with a heeled shoe instead of a flat or sandal?  They are very comfortable.

Respected Contributor

I am 67 and 5'5.  I have LOTS of 24/7 ankle pants and I always wear flats but I mostly wear these in the warmer months with sandles.  To me, they just don't look right in northeastern winters!

Honored Contributor

I am 5'1" and I have a few pairs of ankle length pants fromTalbots for the summer months.  I wear them with flat sandals.

I like the look with flat shoes, but I don't often wear higher heels with anything.

Respected Contributor

@Junebug54 you could try them with a little wedge. That would be comfortable but a little dressier, perhaps, than a flat. If you're comfortable in heels, go for it!

Honored Contributor

I'm 5'6" & ankle pants are highwaters/floods on me in flats, sandals & surely heels.  Will NEVER wear.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac  That's a better description of how I feel..   I will either shorten them or give them to goodwill.   

Honored Contributor

I'm 5'4" tall and I love ankle pants that are slim at the ankle.  I've never understood the comments that they look like flood pants because they just don't IMO.  There is a big difference between ankle pants and pants that are just highwaters.  You can tell by looking at them if the pants are meant to be short or if they are highwaters. 

I wear ankle pants with various flats and wedges.        

Honored Contributor

Re: Ankle Length Pants

[ Edited ]

I'm 5'6", and I don't wear ankle pants. I think they look cute in the summer on other women, but every time I try a pair on I think they just look too short on me. I also only own one pair of crop pants. I just prefer a full length pant. 

I've seen women in my city wear ankle pants with flats, sandals, espadrilles, wedges, pumps, & sneakers. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think there are any musts about pant length now.  I don't know where you really define crops, ankle, etc.

Try it on, if you like it and it feels good wear it!  If others don't like it, laugh at their distress and have fun! 

Honored Contributor

To me they are summer pants and I wear them with sandals and make sure that I have a nice pedicure.