Honored Contributor

Re: Ankle / Crop Jeans

[ Edited ]

Maybe women are taught to be way too critical of themselves and other women.  Maybe pants length isn't as big a deal in real life.  May women should not have to stress about that.  Isn't that really what "empowerment" is all about?  

Respected Contributor

I love ankle pants. Keep them coming!

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

I'm just under the so-called cutoff for petites -- 5'4". I need petite because of my thin frame. But petite ankles are usually around 25 or 26 inches. So on me they are ankle/crop.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I am tall and ankle pants are my friend. I am glad we have so many choices in pant lengths. I think this fall/winter the ankle length did overshadow the full length, which surprised me. Maybe this is just a phase. Now the crops and capris will take over with spring coming. Saw a nice pair of SG twill capris this morning but when I saw the $60 price with shipping that put the brakes on. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdivawrote:

If you don't like them, don't buy them.  We've had a number of threads lately by people that have had enough of ankle pants, tunic tops, leggings, etc. 

I thought Amy S. looked fabulous last night during IS and her pants were definitely not regular length on her.  Loved the jeans with the shoes with the top.

@Lipstickdiva

Amy S would look good in a gunny sack (not to be confused with Gunne Sax).

Trusted Contributor

I like them...I think with a flat shoe they look very Audrey Hepburnish!