Valued Contributor

Ankle Boots in Warm Weather?

Hi All.  Wanted to get opinions.  I have a summer wedding in July.  I bought a long sleeve knee length dress, but it's a chiffon material, so it won't be warm even though it's long sleeve.  Wedding and reception are inside.  I have these suede ankle boots that look great with the dress.  Can I wear them to the wedding, even though it's in July?  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Ankle Boots in Warm Weather?

[ Edited ]

I say yes, but I'm really not a fan of seasonal rules, so you may want to wait for another opinion.

I've never lived in a place with actual seasons and find seasonal rules totally ridiculous. People where I am wear sandals, and shorts, and sleeveless tops in January because it's 79 out. We wear white all year, too. I'll go outside any given day in the fall and see some women wearing sandals and some wearing shearling boots.

As long as it's appropriate for the occasion, wear whatever you feel good wearing.

Respected Contributor

I guess you can; but personally I would not.

Honored Contributor

@Arianny

Yes you sure can and I will bet you look smashing!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Personally, I think it depends on what the temperature is where this wedding is held.

For example if it's in FL or another warm climate in July, suede booties would not be my choice with a chiffon dress.

But that's just my opinion and I am a big advocate of wearing what you're comfortable with in a given situation!

Enjoy the wedding, they're so much fun!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@Arianny  Look at it this way.  You know you really want to wear those boots with the dress, and you've already decided for yourself that it works. If you wear anything else, you won't really be happy with yourself, so just do it, and wear it proudly!

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

@2blonde - You're right, I do want to wear them - ha!  But I don't know if it would look odd.  I live in the northeast, so it will be very hot in July.  Decisions, decisions!

Valued Contributor

Thanks @LTT1!

Valued Contributor

You're right @KingstonsMom, there is nothing worse then being uncomfortable in what you are wearing.  

Valued Contributor

Thank you @ChynnaBlue - I don't really like seasonal rules either.