Re: Angel from quacker factory

Maybe she's channeling Jeannne.

Super Contributor

On 1/30/2014 brunette8706 said:
On 1/30/2014 Perkup said:
On 1/30/2014 Troop_Angel said:

Wow. Sorry I "ruffled" so many quacker factory feathers. Sheesh. I personally am always careful on what I wear. Yes, I could lose 20 pounds, but I dress in a way as to not accent my problem area. Just sayin....

As for Angel I at times thinks she's a bit rude (rolling her eyes at one of the hosts, telling a phone customer, that she didn't want to be rude but HER NAME is NOT Patty it's Angel). She is way over the top for "me".

ITA. And ITA with your original posting. Just another I have stopped watching. And when she does that karate chop -- {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

ITA also - with both of you, as well as with others of like mind. Silliness, childish behavior, disgusting lewd dancing, poorly done karate chops and the like do not encourage me to buy. I go to QVC's presentations for the same reason I go to B&M stores - to shop for something I want or need. Don't waste my time with stories of your tennis games, your children's dance classes, disgusting dance moves, or stupid giggling. Show me the merchandise, describe it to me in detail, and let me know what sizes are available. I don't expect the sales staff at Dillard's to do a happy dance over black dresses or shake their booties if I am buying slacks, and I don't care what they do in their spare time.

QVC needs to get back to where they came from. Dignified sales people, presenting the merchandise and knowing when to shut down their personal comments and actions. Treat me like a customer, not a circus goer, and I'm more likely to buy.

Oh rats!! I just turned it off again - Joan Rivers, David and Jacque dancing!! OMG - back to a game show.

Thanks Perkup-

I totally agree. This forum is like going into the hornets nest. Watch out. And don't you dare say anything to the contrare of what they are trying to sell. I can go to Target and get similiar items for a fraction of the cost. No ill fated karate chops there. LOL!

Karate chops? Where the heck is this happening?
Super Contributor

On 1/29/2014 brunette8706 said: In my opinion if you have larger hips you shouldn't wear shirts that stop at mid hip. Nor do I think there should be sequins on the back rear pocket, it just draws attention wear you probably do not want the "attention." These are basic fashion rules. Have you ever tuned in to What not to wear"? They say the same thing.

I agree. If you want to call attention to a big *ss, just put on a shirt or sweater that fall to mid-hip and make especialy sure you have sequins or an applique or something to really draw the eye right there.

My hips and butt are bigger than I'd like them to be so I make sure NOT to wear garments that call attention to those areas.

But to each her own Wink

Contributor

I don't care for her. And she does not look good in those clothes.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/30/2014 Kathleen said:
On 1/29/2014 brunette8706 said: In my opinion if you have larger hips you shouldn't wear shirts that stop at mid hip. Nor do I think there should be sequins on the back rear pocket, it just draws attention wear you probably do not want the "attention." These are basic fashion rules. Have you ever tuned in to What not to wear"? They say the same thing.

This is only ONE fashion rule:

1. There are no rules.

What not to wear is a joke. Every victim ends up looking like every other victim.

Sure, if you want to look ridiculous. Do you think people in the business or corporate environment would wear QF? Um NO. So, your saying anything goes right?

That's not what I'm saying at all.

QF are casual clothes. They aren't meant for business or corporate environment.

That's not what you said. Say what you mean Kathleen. You said, and this is a quote from you:

1. There are no rules.

So I proved my point. There "are" rules. Corporate/Business/Casual, there are rules out there to follow.

Honored Contributor

Jeanne brought Angel into the QF clothing line. It was her choice to make, so it is not for anyone to criticize. I don't purchase this brand, but did at one time. I have some nice pieces that I am glad to have.
Esteemed Contributor

1. There are no rules.

What not to wear is a joke. Every victim ends up looking like every other victim.

Sure, if you want to look ridiculous. Do you think people in the business or corporate environment would wear QF? Um NO. So, your saying anything goes right?

That's not what I'm saying at all.

QF are casual clothes. They aren't meant for business or corporate environment.

That's not what you said. Say what you mean Kathleen. You said, and this is a quote from you:

1. There are no rules.

So I proved my point. There "are" rules. Corporate/Business/Casual, there are rules out there to follow.

A 'dress code' is a completely different thing than 'no rules in fashion' !!

Honored Contributor

On 1/30/2014 Tissyanne said: Jeanne brought Angel into the QF clothing line. It was her choice to make, so it is not for anyone to criticize. I don't purchase this brand, but did at one time. I have some nice pieces that I am glad to have.

Seriously? You never heard of freedom of speech?? Who says it's not for anyone to criticize? You? ha

Frequent Contributor

I think Angel is adorable. And, although I don't wear Quacker myself, I do buy Quacker for my 84 yo mom. My mom looks adorable in the clothes and gets tons of compliments.

Honored Contributor

On 1/30/2014 Love my grandkids said:
On 1/30/2014 Tissyanne said: Jeanne brought Angel into the QF clothing line. It was her choice to make, so it is not for anyone to criticize. I don't purchase this brand, but did at one time. I have some nice pieces that I am glad to have.

Seriously? You never heard of freedom of speech?? Who says it's not for anyone to criticize? You? ha

Jeanne owned QF and yes, it was her choice to choose her successor. Just like you would not appreciate someone criticizing your decisions, or maybe you would?