Respected Contributor

Andre Leon Tally-Allison Chase-beauty history

Hello fellow fashionistas! Just wanted to share that Allison Chase, a yt beauty blogger does a monthly series on beauty history. It comes out the first Friday of the month. This month Andre Leon Tally. Very interesting! Just wanted to share. Have a great day!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Andre Leon Tally-Allison Chase-beauty history

@Franklinbell wrote:

Hello fellow fashionistas! Just wanted to share that Allison Chase, a yt beauty blogger does a monthly series on beauty history. It comes out the first Friday of the month. This month Andre Leon Tally. Very interesting! Just wanted to share. Have a great day!

Thanks for the heads up.  Wasn't Andre Leon Tally, a designer and fashion mega star?  I wasn't aware he did anything with the beauty industry as well @Franklinbell .  

I was so saddened by his passing.  Anna Wintour loved, loved, loved him....

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset @Her series is called beauty history but it profiles lots of beauty/fashion .she has presented channel, Tiffany, Louis Vuitton etc. Speaking on Anna did you see her at the us open? Classic dark sunglasses!  I find this series interesting!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Franklinbell wrote:

@gertrudecloset @Her series is called beauty history but it profiles lots of beauty/fashion .she has presented channel, Tiffany, Louis Vuitton etc. Speaking on Anna did you see her at the us open? Classic dark sunglasses!  I find this series interesting!  

Sounds wonderful. I will watch it for the fashion only.  Thank you @Franklinbell 

Trusted Contributor

@gertrudecloset Andre had extensive knowledge about all aspects of fashion he was not known as a designer.  He worked with Diane Vreeland on exhibits at the the Metropolitan Museum of Art (if I recall correctly), had long-term friendships with most of the major designers in Europe and America.  Mostly, he was known for his journalism for Vogue along with Anna Wintour and his suipport and advocacy of designers.  He has a memoir, The Chiffon Trenches, that is eye opening.

Esteemed Contributor

@Zernia Rose wrote:

@gertrudecloset Andre had extensive knowledge about all aspects of fashion he was not known as a designer.  He worked with Diane Vreeland on exhibits at the the Metropolitan Museum of Art (if I recall correctly), had long-term friendships with most of the major designers in Europe and America.  Mostly, he was known for his journalism for Vogue along with Anna Wintour and his suipport and advocacy of designers.  He has a memoir, The Chiffon Trenches, that is eye opening.

Thank you @Zernia Rose for the clarification.  I knew he was "fashion involved" in some sort of way.  I do recall the sad news of his death too.

Respected Contributor

@Zernia Rose @I just ordered the book from the library! I pick it up tomorrow! I had forgotten that he introduced JasonWu to Michelle Obama. What a life!

Trusted Contributor

@Franklinbell He has written several books.  I especially enjoy how he speaks about his grandmother's importance to him and the poignacy of his memories as a towering man and all of what that means.

Respected Contributor

@Zernia Rose @Thanks! I will look them up. I just loved him! It's funny how certain family members play an important role in your life.  Those can be some wonderful precious memories!